• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Chat Thread XXXVI: light switch rave

Status
Not open for further replies.
I have saved some legit cash by making a sandwich every day for lunch instead of going out. Took some discipline, but now I greatly prefer it.

I have saved some legit cash by making a sandwich every day for lunch instead of going out. Took some discipline, but now I greatly prefer it.

Making your own lunch is GR8 for saving $$$.

My rotation is Tuna-Salad sammiches, Black bean burgers (although not so much until I move and get a real kitchen soon), and when I'm lazy, microwaveable noodles. Luckily the Safeway near DF09Toy's house sells Kimchi flavored Nong Shim noodles. Soooo good.

Also for Nashville, there is a sweet meat and 3 place called Monells. JDawg and I didn't get to eat there when we were there but everyone raves about it.

yeah I really need to be better about making my lunch. I should probably make it the night before because I'm always running late in the mornings.

:laugh: at the logo for the Massachusetts Literacy Foundation

mlf_logo.jpg

what Nashville hotels are people finding? I want to see what Wake's package offerings might be.

Also for Nashville, there is a sweet meat and 3 place called Monells. JDawg and I didn't get to eat there when we were there but everyone raves about it.

Went for Sunday brunch earlier this year...it's awesome. Definitely not a meat and 3 though...it's family style. You can check out the menu, but basically they just bring out a shit ton of food and you can eat to your heart's content. My wife and I really enjoyed it...be prepared to be rolled out of the dining room through.

I remember it being cheap too...I think Sunday brunch was $13/person.

I think I've decided to opt for the beach apt with a miserable commmute. This has been a big decision. That is all...

I think I've decided to opt for the beach apt with a miserable commmute. This has been a big decision. That is all...

The CT aches for the trials and tribulations in your life buckets :thumbsup:

I know... I know... I just haven't told ppl at work I'm leaving so I needed to physically disperse this decision somehow.

I can't wait to surf every morning like Sandy Cohen.

I know... I know... I just haven't told ppl at work I'm leaving so I needed to physically disperse this decision somehow.

I can't wait to surf every morning like Sandy Cohen.

I think ur more Caleb Nichol than Sandy Cohen.

I bet Caleb was a boss in his younger days. He was still getting babes in his twilight years.

post for little man.

ughh, today is dragging like crazy. started my morning w/ a 4hr contracts training, and now i'm trucking through the afternoon while J is on the ski slope.

on the plus side, i'm headed back to NC on thursday for a cool 5 days :)

So CT, I've been hesitant to say this, but I've spent the better part of the day in CCU with my grandmother, surrounded by my entire maternal family. Her 18 month bout with CHF is about complete. She's not responding to the medications this time, and we've decided to switch her over to palliative care to make her more comfortable for her final journey. I work in cardiology, and the staff has been excellent. It sucks, but now it's just a waiting game as nature takes its course. Thoughts and prayers would be appreciated. It's time, and we are just ready for the suffering to get over. If you don't pray, feel free to ask the flying spaghetti monster to send some happy meatballs my way.

Damn, sorry to hear that Tsy, definitely sending positive thoughts your way.

So CT, I've been hesitant to say this, but I've spent the better part of the day in CCU with my grandmother, surrounded by my entire maternal family. Her 18 month bout with CHF is about complete. She's not responding to the medications this time, and we've decided to switch her over to palliative care to make her more comfortable for her final journey. I work in cardiology, and the staff has been excellent. It sucks, but now it's just a waiting game as nature takes its course. Thoughts and prayers would be appreciated. It's time, and we are just ready for the suffering to get over. If you don't pray, feel free to ask the flying spaghetti monster to send some happy meatballs my way.

One of my close friends just lost her grandfather yesterday and is flying up to Boston this afternoon to be with her family. Keeping everyone in my thoughts today for sure :(

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back