• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

chat thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
In my trollier days I would have already made the when will we wake to the truth thread about Cookout..... but I've matured

https://www.wsj.com/articles/nft-sales-are-flatlining-11651552616

The NFT market is collapsing.

The sale of nonfungible tokens, or NFTs, fell to a daily average of about 19,000 this week, a 92% decline from a peak of about 225,000 in September, according to the data website NonFungible.

The number of active wallets in the NFT market fell 88% to about 14,000 last week from a high of 119,000 in November.

How’s it going palma

The ending part of the article is more applicable to what is going on here

There are signs that collectors may also differentiate between NFTs that catalog a vast set of cartoonlike characters—like the CryptoPunks—and tailored, NFT art projects spurred by major artists who already enjoy museum followings.

Among those artists doubling down on NFT art is New York artist Jeff Koons. The artist known for his oversize balloon animal sculptures is selling a series of NFTs attached to a real-life sculpture he intends to rocket to the moon later this year. His gallery, Pace, said his moon-shaped sculptures attached to his NFTs are selling briskly as a package at $2 million apiece.

Earlier this month, NFT art platform TRLab said it only took a minute for Chinese artist Cai Guo Qiang, who is internationally known for making works using gunpowder, to sell out his series of 7,000 NFTs that allow buyers to help create their own digital fireworks display.

Zach Friedman, co-founder and chief operating officer of crypto brokerage Secure Digital Markets, says what makes NFTs stand out now is some perk or utility attached to them.

The director Kevin Smith plans to sell 5,555 NFTs tied to a coming movie, “Killroy Was Here.” Only people owning the NFTs will have access to the movie.

A band called The Crystal Method is auctioning NFTs tied to a new song that include backstage passes to a concert and dinner with the band.

“The ones that continue will be utility-focused for sure,” Mr. Friedman said.

The people who come up with all the ways the NFT holders can interact with the artists are pretty darn clever/imaginative

Last one. Sorry. Twitter good today.

What the fucking hell is that....literally....hell!

N95 masks are also very good protection for you. So wearing one isn't so much about protecting others as it is protecting yourself. So do what you feel you need to do for your own self protection. Anybody asks, "I have a medical condition."

Who the hell asks about you wearing a mask? MAGAts?

I love how on the takeover JayZ says “4 albums in 10 years, I can divide” and then proceeds to say 10/4=2

I feel like I got drunk last night and took a red eye.

I know at least half of that sentence actually happened.

We just offered one of my former players for football and I'm doing my part for recruiting right now.

Mako can pay these kids to do his unpaid side hustles. You get bus keys ! You get a whistle !! You get to chaperone prom !!!

Someone’s gotta be the fry cook in the cafeteria while Mako teaches 4th period

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back