• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

chat thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
perhaps this doesn't work for everyone, but i think having 1-3 very close friends and 5-10 good friends is plenty, and that's not too terribly much to keep up with

i don't know think i could do justice to more than that

i have a 16 year running (2006) group text with three close college friends whom i havent seen in person since 2010

I had a city reach out after an interview to confirm employment/internship dates and stuff and concluded their email with “we are looking to put forth an offer soon, please let me know ASAP.” Sounds promising???

sounds like it. sounds like they might be running a background check.

it's an employee market right now -- good time to be looking for a job

yea a tough time to be hiring for sure

i have been trying to fill a position on my team for about two months, pay is good, full remote, interesting work but people have been just not showing up to interviews or taking a job elsewhere before we can make an offer

i have been trying to fill a position on my team for about two months, pay is good, full remote, interesting work but people have been just not showing up to interviews or taking a job elsewhere before we can make an offer

r/antiwork !

same problem here; i had a great candidate who ghosted day 1

What are your fav. shows that are too tough or sad for a full rewatch?

we're hiring folks with way less experience than we could get for the same position a year ago

hope it benefits some people who otherwise wouldn't get a shot, but damn if it doesn't mean so much more time on interviews and training

much like 2&2 i can confirm that people simply don't wanna work no more

we're hiring folks with way less experience than we could get for the same position a year ago

hope it benefits some people who otherwise wouldn't get a shot, but damn if it doesn't mean so much more time on interviews and training

So I can go make $Texas with just my teaching experience and people skills right now? Give me a job, Juice.

maybe I'm just a super upstanding guy and mostly applied for jobs in tougher times, but I don't get the not showing up for interviews thing. I understand in the context of service/hospitality sector jobs, but full on career-type jobs Townie's talking about don't make sense to me.

what's the job

we're also trying to hire for a position that has a strong preference for being physically based in a certain geographic area that is not an attractive place to live and that's a brutal restriction to have placed on ya

we're also trying to hire for a position that has a strong preference for being physically based in a certain geographic area that is not an attractive place to live and that's a brutal restriction to have placed on ya

Juice, I already live in Wilkesboro.

The easiest way to keep up with friends and not use facebook is to just not have any friends.

Someone give me a cool country ass spot to stop for lunch between Columbia and Hilton Head. There's gotta be some damn good 'cue (preferably non mustard based though) in those parts.

Dukes in orangeburg /enddiscussion

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back