• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

ChatThreadCXVIII: the more flesh color a carrot is, the more likely it is your finger

Status
Not open for further replies.
here's my reasoning: i really love looking at real estate and helping people find houses. Even though I'm done looking for myself, I've found myself staying in touch with the Raleigh real estate market. I would only be able to take on 1-2 clients at a time, but with my marketing background, I think I'd do a good job at being able to get a house sold and identifying what a buyer wants.

I really like getting BJs, and now that I'm married, I don't get them very often. I figure I should get paid to get BJs because I'm good at getting them.

The world doesn't really work that way, dash, but YOU DO YOU.

There are some "agencies" that will let you come on part time, but you'd have to pay them either a monthly rate or commission like Cookout said. However if its something you enjoyed, and didn't mind investing a couple $1K for licensure, you could probably swing it.

It's not even 1k for licensure, but most agencies will require both a monthly membership fee AND pretty bad commission splits for you. It's not worth it for the money you'll make unless you can do heavy volume (and then work out better deals with agencies based on that proven record).

It's not even 1k for licensure, but most agencies will require both a monthly membership fee AND pretty bad commission splits for you. It's not worth it for the money you'll make unless you can do heavy volume.

Yeah I'm agreeing with you, just saying it could be sustainable in the right situation, and if you really wanted to do it.

And actually working in real estate sucks. Buyers are liars.

Yeah I'm agreeing with you, just saying it could be sustainable in the right situation, and if you really wanted to do it.

I mean it's certainly possible, but I think maybe 10% of the agents at the office I was at were actually making money at it (and nearly all of those were full time). The part time agents were usually just breaking even off of family members/relatives and the occasional referral.

Now that dash's dream is crushed, I assume the strike will resume again.

kbd's recaps and video addition make me feel okay about posting one sentence of softball dominance per game.

also i enjoy RTQ's mating dance, i can see how that attracted D'Brickashaw in da club

I mean it's certainly possible, but I think maybe 10% of the agents at the office I was at were actually making money at it (and nearly all of those were full time). The part time agents were usually just breaking even off of family members/relatives and the occasional referral.

That sucks. Based on her board persona I get the feeling Dash would be a natural at it.

That sucks. Based on her board persona I get the feeling Dash would be a natural at it.

yeah I think I'd be good at it. Plus I'm a pro at online advertising and PR work, so that'd work to my advantage in selling houses/getting clients. Wouldn't want to do it if I wouldn't make any money at all though-- that's the point and my time is precious!

If KBD would quit dragging his feet and wife her up, she could FOLLOW HER DREAMS.

i hear it's pretty easy to sell houses when you're with squirrel, sympathy points.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back