• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Chicago Cubs Thread - Playoff Push Pending

Hope Hammel can put together two halves this season. Like everybody he's been phenomenal

Neil Ramirez made his first appearance for the Brewers last night. Three up, three down, two K's. I hope he doesn't come back and bite us.

Conteras hit another HR last night in AAA. He has a 12 game hitting steak and a 9 game extra base hit streak. Does anyone think we trade Miggy or at least come up with a 15 day DL stint, to see what Cotreras can do at the major league level?

Hope Hammel can put together two halves this season. Like everybody he's been phenomenal

When DaDeacs mentioned Cub interest in Nathan Eovaldi, my first thought was Hammel's second half performance the past two seasons. Hammel spent the off season addressing this fact and the perceived difficulty he experiences the third time through the line up. Made a number of changes, apparently with success. Second half of the season will be the test.

Is there a better way to buy rooftop tickets than through https://www.wrigleyrooftopsllc.com? We're headed up in July to catch 2 Cubs games & 1 White Sox and we've tossed around the idea of rooftops just for the experience. Anybody sat there before?

Is there a better way to buy rooftop tickets than through https://www.wrigleyrooftopsllc.com? We're headed up in July to catch 2 Cubs games & 1 White Sox and we've tossed around the idea of rooftops just for the experience. Anybody sat there before?

Ive seen games from a few rooftops, but they were all corporate events so I didn't have to pay. The tickets are pricey ($100+ but include all food and booze. At least they used to) Im not sure if stub hub has them or the ticket sellers outside the stadium. Its definitely a unique experience to catch a game.

Ive seen games from a few rooftops, but they were all corporate events so I didn't have to pay. The tickets are pricey ($100+ but include all food and booze. At least they used to) Im not sure if stub hub has them or the ticket sellers outside the stadium. Its definitely a unique experience to catch a game.

Yeah, it's looking like 2 tickets would be $311 when its all said & done.

When DaDeacs mentioned Cub interest in Nathan Eovaldi, my first thought was Hammel's second half performance the past two seasons. Hammel spent the off season addressing this fact and the perceived difficulty he experiences the third time through the line up. Made a number of changes, apparently with success. Second half of the season will be the test.

He needs to stay healthy too. He was never the same after he went down against the Cardinals in the heat of summer last year

Arrieta struggling the most out of all of our starters right now.

Weird stuff

All of Arrieta's streaks are over, the result of his last two starts, both resulting in Cub defeats. The numbers: 12 IP, 11 H, 3 ER, 5 BB and 20 K. His performance since July 25, 2015 is as good as it gets in the history of MLB. Now what?

Baez and Soler appear poised to take their game to another level. Nine games on the road will help determine whether this is flirtation or fact. The numbers during their recent resurgence.

Baez: 8 G, 22 AB, 4 R, 7 H, 1 D, 2 HR, 6 RBI, 4 K, 1 HBP, .318 AVG, .348 OBP, .636 SLG.
Soler: 16 G, 39 AB, 11 R, 12 H, 3 D, 3 HR, 7 RBI, 8 BB, 12 K, 2 HBP, .308 AVG, .449 OBP, .615 SLG.

I think Soler just doesn't abide cold weather, he always looks absolutely miserable early in the season

Arrieta struggling the most out of all of our starters right now.

Weird stuff

It was somewhat obvious that he didn't have his "A" game early in the year.

He was walking a ton of batters and got pretty lucky not to have his streak snapped earlier on.

It was somewhat obvious that he didn't have his "A" game early in the year.

He was walking a ton of batters and got pretty lucky not to have his streak snapped earlier on.

Agreed, he has definitely had some tough games with his location - that's vintage Jake, he's still pitching well, overall, and if the cubs could have scored 4 runs yesterday it's a completely different response to 5 ip, 12 ks.

I don't think he makes it to is on waivers, but Crawford is an interesting option. He's old and has sucked for awhile, but you never know if Maddon has some change of venue effect.

Could use another OF bat, lefty platoon with Soler if he can cut it?

Agreed, he has definitely had some tough games with his location - that's vintage Jake, he's still pitching well, overall, and if the cubs could have scored 4 runs yesterday it's a completely different response to 5 ip, 12 ks.

Not to mention it was an odd game all around. The Diamondbacks hit 10 balls all game and put 9 of them into play. That's bizarre.

Plus Zona had a .900 BABIP against him yday

Back