• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Chicago Cubs Thread - Playoff Push Pending

No clue who that is fatsky

Serial killer. Hardcore creep like yourself.

And yeah after I drink about a million Old Styles in Wrigleyville two weekends from now the Fatsky joke will be alive and well. Luckily the Chicago women are very accepting, especially since it's about time to start putting on that winter coat.

GO CUBS GO!

Serial killer. Hardcore creep like yourself.

And yeah after I drink about a million Old Styles in Wrigleyville two weekends from now the Fatsky joke will be alive and well. Luckily the Chicago women are very accepting, especially since it's about time to start putting on that winter coat.

GO CUBS GO!

Until that coat comes off. Once a fat fuck; always a fat fuck

When did you adopt the cubs?

2016 Chicago Cubs Thread: Cubs 2-1; start games earlier MLB

Fuck you Rose. A Red to his core. Still talking shit even after that rally.

I hope they let you into the Hall, but only after you die.

2016 Chicago Cubs Thread: Cubs 2-1; start games earlier MLB

Until that coat comes off. Once a fat fuck; always a fat fuck

When did you adopt the cubs?

91-92? In NC you had the Cubs on WGN or the Braves on TBS.

The parents of my best friend growing up were from Chicago. I've always been a dick head contrarian, so going against all the Braves fans in my family and all the other kids at school connected with me.

I'd come home every day from the pool and sit on my towel and watch Harry Caray and Steve Stone call Cubs games as a small kid. Ryne Sandburg and Mark Grace (born in W-S it's on his baseball card) were my heroes.

It actually probably outdates my Wake fandom by a year or two. I've been waiting for *this for my entire life.

LETS GOOOO!!!

I had composed a few sentences about the lack of plate discipline shown this series. Then it appeared. Biggest ninth inning comeback in the history of post season baseball. A stunning victory.

YES SIR!!!

What a comeback that was. When Bryant led off the ninth I was hopeful but never expected to come all the way back and snag the lead. This team continues to get the job done when they need to. Eight more boys!!

91-92? In NC you had the Cubs on WGN or the Braves on TBS.

The parents of my best friend growing up were from Chicago. I've always been a dick head contrarian, so going against all the Braves fans in my family and all the other kids at school connected with me.

I'd come home every day from the pool and sit on my towel and watch Harry Caray and Steve Stone call Cubs games as a small kid. Ryne Sandburg and Mark Grace (born in W-S it's on his baseball card) were my heroes.

It actually probably outdates my Wake fandom by a year or two. I've been waiting for *this for my entire life.

LETS GOOOO!!!

This is basically how Numbers and I became Cubs fans. They were always on in the middle of the day and we would watch with our dad and sing the 7th inning stretch.

Guessing that's a big reason for a lot of Cubs fans outside of Chicago despite their futility (aside from the past couple of years/here and there in the early '00s).

Cubs gonna have the early or late game on Saturday? Wonder if it matters on who wins Game 5 tomorrow night.

Based on how the pitchers fall, pulling for the Nats tomorrow. Since Kershaw went last night he'd be slated to start Game 1 against Lester on Saturday. I imagine Nats are throwing Max tomorrow so we would avoid him until Game 3 back in Washington in all likelihood.

It'll be the later game, Fox is fully booked with college football during the afternoon

It'll be the later game, Fox is fully booked with college football during the afternoon

That's what I thought when I saw the networks as well (and based on last year where ALCS opened Friday and was the afternoon game on Saturday before the Mets/Cubs was the 8 on Fox), but was just curious why they hadn't set the times yet. We know it's Indians/Blue Jays and now we know the NLCS is going to open in Chicago so regardless of opponent you're working with Central Time (if that was part of the issue).

MLB has to be the slowest-moving organization in the world. Gotten a little better under Manfred but not much

my apologies to Cubs fans for expecting a choke

now let's hope for an Indians Cubs WS

After what he's done in Beantown and Chicago, I'm #TheoIN for Wake A.D. The Bambino, the Goat, and now the Chris Punch. Break out the checkbook, Deacs.

If the Cubs win the WS under Theo they should just induct him into the HOF immediately. Broke Red Sox and Cubs curses? Probably greatest front office guy ever.

After what he's done in Beantown and Chicago, I'm #TheoIN for Wake A.D. The Bambino, the Goat, and now the Chris Punch. Break out the checkbook, Deacs.

Theo deserves praise, but keep in mind, he has found his success with deep pocket teams (Red Sox and Cubs), despite their losing tradition. More impressed with Dayton Moore in KC. Does Theo have the same success in Minnesota, Tampa Bay or Colorado? If a small market team signs Jason Heyward or Diasuke Matsuzaka or JD Drew or Eric Gagne to mega contracts they would be hosed for years. Theo has GM'd teams that can absorbed those mistakes and keep spending. Big Difference.

Theo deserves praise, but keep in mind, he has found his success with deep pocket teams (Red Sox and Cubs), despite their losing tradition. More impressed with Dayton Moore in KC. Does Theo have the same success in Minnesota, Tampa Bay or Colorado? If a small market team signs Jason Heyward or Diasuke Matsuzaka or JD Drew or Eric Gagne to mega contracts they would be hosed for years. Theo has GM'd teams that can absorbed those mistakes and keep spending. Big Difference.

Have to disagree here. Cubs only big FA signings were Heyward (who has been bad) and Lester. Rest of the team's core they either traded for or drafted/developed. (Bryant, Hendricks, Baez, Rizzo, Contreras. Arrietta, Russell, Chapman, Rondon, Wood)

Yep. Theo may miss on some big-ticket signings but he has done beautifully at both finding undervalued gems (particularly in Boston, a recently retired slugger chief among them) and drafting

There is a chance the Cubs would have been better this year with Almora in right instead of Heyward.

2015 Cubs and Royals had a similar payroll - 2016 inflated with Zo, Heyward & Lack. Integral pieces? Sure. Replaceable? Maybe. The Cubs were as good as the Royals last year, they just fell apart at a terrible time.

Have to disagree here. Cubs only big FA signings were Heyward (who has been bad) and Lester. Rest of the team's core they either traded for or drafted/developed. (Bryant, Hendricks, Baez, Rizzo, Contreras. Arrietta, Russell, Chapman, Rondon, Wood)

Zobrist?

Quibbling about money when you're talking about the Red Sox or Cubs? LOL! Both organizations were/are considered cursed by their fans and the nation of baseball at large. Mismanaged? Of course they were mismanaged. Until Epstein.

I've known a lot of people who hoped to see just one Cub championship before death never have that privilege. Some were family. I expect the same could be said for the Red Sox fans. This is my 59th season as a Cub fan so I'm included in that group. Hope it is this year. Being a Deacon fan is cake compared to being a Cub fan.

Back