• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Chicago Cubs Thread - Playoff Push Pending

Glad to see Jason is out. We've got to get something going in the middle of our lineup, and this looks like it may do the trick.

This is the 17th game of the Addison Russell slump. Including today's strikeout he is 4 for 54. .074. Might be time to consider other options. He looks clueless at the plate. Contreras to LF, Baez to SS and Zobrist to 2B. Contreras 5 for 9 in the playoffs.

Hopefully a little rally here and then I think you have to PH for Russell.

Rich Hill is a mediocre journeyman pitcher with a limited, and pretty lousy, postseason record. Cubs are making him look like a Cy Young winner.

4.50 career ERA. This was my fear going into the postseason -- the Cubs will go 3-4 games completely losing their ability to hit. You can see they are baffled at the plate. Russell taking pitches down the middle, Bryant too (although he got a hit), etc. Lose this game and they are in major trouble with effectively no room for error going forward. The Dodgers have to win 2 non-Kershaw games and would have banked 1 in the first 2 chances.

And the luster is off Arrieta -- not a dominant pitcher for the past 3-4 months.

Grandal hit 27 regular season homers. Hill has been elite when he's healthy since he started throwing his curve every pitch.

Cubs just need to win one of the two games in LA. But they are showing no sign of life offensively.

There are 3 games in LA. If they don't win at least one of them they won't play another game at Wrigley this season.

If I have to watch Rizzo take another off speed pitch right down the middle I'm going to punch my TV.

Who owned the Cubs more, Dodgers or Mets? The Cubs at least had some life in the Mets series.

Should Arrieta be working on his downward facing dog before the next start?

Back