• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Chicago Cubs Thread - Playoff Push Pending

The playoff probability statistics are odd to me. They have the Cubs at 97.7% and the Brewers at 11.1% I'd rather be up 4 than down 4, but those teams play head to head that many times in Milwaukee and the Brewers just swept the Cubs two weeks ago. If the Brewers catch the Cubs, the Cubs are likely to fall behind the Rockies.

Not sure I believe the polls...

Well the Cubs are better than the Brewers so that's factored in plus if the Cubs split the series with the Brewers then the magic number is just six.

Cubs have 13 games left and so if they finish with 10, 11, 12, or 13 wins then they automatically make it and if they win 8 or 9 of those games, the Brewers would have to go 12-1 or 13-0 to make it.

Seems about right to me without even going beyond this initial thought process.

Well the Cubs are better than the Brewers so that's factored in plus if the Cubs split the series with the Brewers then the magic number is just six.

Cubs have 13 games left and so if they finish with 10, 11, 12, or 13 wins then they automatically make it and if they win 8 or 9 of those games, the Brewers would have to go 12-1 or 13-0 to make it.

Seems about right to me without even going beyond this initial thought process.

Sure, but four cracks at a team at home you swept a series against 10 days ago doesn't seem like a long shot. As many h2h games as the lead means arguably brewers control destiny.

Not our night. But thanks Buccos!

Gonna be a fun series in MIL. I wouldn't mind if they got in as a WC -- their starting pitching sent LAD into their ongoing tailspin. Granted it's not as intimidating with Nelson done for the year but still holding up well as we saw a week and a half back

What a game. Bryant mashed that homer and the last five outs by Wade were dominant after the bases loaded up

Javy will always be a free swinger but his at bat in the 9th (with 2 outs) showed some maturity I thought. He took the first pitch, took an admittedly huge swing on the second pitch but then shortened his swing on the next two pitches, resulting in the RBI single. He still swung hard but it was far more controlled than we've seen so many times in the past.

Whew...again. The little details are making a big difference. A tip of the hat to LaStella for knowing the strike zone and the patience to use it to his advantage and to the bullpen for performance.

The percentages caught up with Wade Davis this afternoon. After 32 consecutive saves this season, Davis blew the lead in the ninth and tenth as the Brewers get a measure of revenge. Cub bats need to wake up and give the bullpen some relief.

Yeah not the end of the world, just gotta get back on track tomorrow. I would've been delighted with a split at the start of the series and we're already guaranteed that.

If there is a silver lining it's hopefully that this help keeps the Cardinals out of the playoffs

Would be pretty awesome to clinch in StL with a win over them

Thinking about swinging up to DC for Game 2 (Saturday 10/8) of our likely NLDS series. Girlfriend will be at a bachelorette party and now that we've found dog sitters I should be able to sneak up there. What do y'all think tickets will be?

Back