• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Chicago Cubs Thread - Playoff Push Pending

The prognosticators and experts don't think the Cubs can win a pennant much less the World Series. It seems they are the underdog this year. Interesting.

How's everybody feeling about this one?

Need to get that early run or two. I'm hype.

I've been in a WS honeymoon all season, but am locking myself back in tonight. Gonna watch USA-Panama at a bar downtown and then switch to somewhere that has the Cubs game afterwards. Hopefully Hendricks can give us 7 and we can scratch together a few early runs.

How's everybody feeling about this one?

Need to get that early run or two. I'm hype.

Hope that the up and down nature of the season keeps everyone loose. Quintana looked great the other day, and Lester did too. Good starts by Kyle and Jake and I like our chances.

The team overcame adversity all season and should be better for it. Everyone but Arrieta is healthy. Lester, Hendricks, Contreras and Russell should be stronger having spent time on the DL. I'm concerned about the lack of power from Rizzo over the final month. Justin Wilson over Hector Rondon? OK Joe.

The team overcame adversity all season and should be better for it. Everyone but Arrieta is healthy. Lester, Hendricks, Contreras and Russell should be stronger having spent time on the DL. I'm concerned about the lack of power from Rizzo over the final month. Justin Wilson over Hector Rondon? OK Joe.

Meanwhile, 2 of the 3 best Nationals are coming off of injury.

Contreras's power hasn't come back yet. Lester had a couple of good starts, both very short, after some rocky ones.

Final say/approval on the roster was decided by Theo, not just Maddon - assuming either something is wrong with Rondon or they really think Wilson gives them something we haven't seen since the trade.

I doubt we see Edwards in this series. He has surrendered eight earned runs in 3 innings vs. the Nationals this year. Oh shit.

Prayer answered.

Last edited:
Back