• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Chicago Cubs Thread - Playoff Push Pending

If the Cubs win today with a few runs off Roark then Dusty is going to take an absolute beating for this decision (and rightfully so).

Have a meeting from 4:30 to 6 so recording the game and hoping to avoid the score until I can get home. Amped for this one. Gotta close this one out today at home.

If the Cubs win today with a few runs off Roark then Dusty is going to take an absolute beating for this decision (and rightfully so).

Have a meeting from 4:30 to 6 so recording the game and hoping to avoid the score until I can get home. Amped for this one. Gotta close this one out today at home.

I completely agree with this. I want nothing to do with Game 5 in their place.

new game day, earlier start time, still kinda rainy, fear of Strasburg are all factors

Scherzer won't start on two days rest (barring something weird like starting and pitching 2 innings), cmon jh. But he will be emerging from the bullpen at some point

Strasburg is dealing. Gonna need Jake to keep this close and then scratch out a run in the later innings.

Strasburg has been so good the Cubs are trying to jump a first pitch fastball rather than work the count. Change up is killer. Cubs keep striking out on low pitches out of the strike zone. Best hope appears to be get to the bullpen. Still close.

What should he have done differently? At a certain point dudes just gotta get outs.

Maybe I would've hooked CJ before he started pitching to Taylor, but I don't think that one ball made a huge amount of difference

What should he have done differently? At a certain point dudes just gotta get outs.

Maybe I would've hooked CJ before he started pitching to Taylor, but I don't think that one ball made a huge amount of difference

Leave Lester pitch. One hit in 3.2 innings. If Maddon is playing the percentages/match ups keep these numbers in mind. 8 G, 5.1 IP, 7 H, 13 R, 13 ER, 3 HR, 1 HB, 7 W, 8 K, 22.94 ERA. CJ Edwards vs. Washington this year. They have his number this year, know it and look forward to him pitching. CJ knows it. His team knows it. Personally, I think CJ is an outstanding talent, but not against the Nationals. His three one inning shutout performances against them aren't worth the risk at this point of the season. Those are the critical match up percentages. Use someone else.

That said, they can't win if they don't score.

Last edited:
I can't figure out if this series is good because it's been entertaining or bad because it's been...well, bad baseball for the most part.

Entertaining to watch over-invested Cubs fans squirm and make excuses.

Back