• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Chicago Cubs Thread - Playoff Push Pending

Wow. Huge call. Seems like they combined the two shots which is fine. That won’t quell the outrage though.

Did fine when he actually threw strikes.

Think SVP summed that up well -- epic, great yet also super super stupid

I am loving this new bizarro world where the Cubs are clutch and have all the bizarre things go their way. I almost don't know how to act

Cubs got the breaks tonight. Made some plays too. Russell's RBI bat was big. Davis earned that save. Talking heads get to talk. I'm just glad to get the W.

No dog in this fight (Phillies fan so was not surprised when Werth whiffed on the fly ball...), but I have to agree that the call on first was brutal. In my heart, I believe he was out & should probably be called out for being stupid in that situation. However, if replay is supposed to be overturned on "conclusive" evidence - it's lacking, just a tad, in this case. I also believe that if your going to do replay - it should be available on all calls (Baez) with limits imposed on teams like the NFL. Great series w/2 excellent teams.

No dog in this fight (Phillies fan so was not surprised when Werth whiffed on the fly ball...), but I have to agree that the call on first was brutal. In my heart, I believe he was out & should probably be called out for being stupid in that situation. However, if replay is supposed to be overturned on "conclusive" evidence - it's lacking, just a tad, in this case. I also believe that if your going to do replay - it should be available on all calls (Baez) with limits imposed on teams like the NFL. Great series w/2 excellent teams.

Yeah I think this is right. He probably was out, but it wasn't really conclusive.

I think it was conclusive, you can piece angles together. But replay shouldn't really be used for that play

I'm interested in the no-call on the Javy, catcher thing. The rule states that the ball should be dead, but thats not reviewable? Makes no sense that there is anything that isn't reviewable since we have replay. The thing that is interesting to me is that Javy only hits Wieters because Wieters scooted up to try to stop the ball, otherwise, that swing misses him - seems like a loophole. Almost guarantee there will be some rule change on this in the offseason.

Cubs now in a massive tie for fifth longest streak of consecutive LCS appearances ever with 3. Braves hold the record at 8 (1991-1999; '94 exempted). Athletics second with 5 (1971-1975); Cardinals (2011-2014) and Yankees (1998-2001) tied for third at 4.

Speculation that Rondon will be added to the bullpen for the NLCS. Bullpen should be strengthened by Edwards return to effectiveness. Syracuse just beat Clemson. Strange couple of days.

Back