• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Chicago Cubs Thread - Playoff Push Pending

I hope the Nationals feed Roark to us for dinner.

Haven't heard anything from #sauces, but I think it will be Gio, the Roark if Gio doesn't pitch well. Command of pitches as well as score will dictate. Don't be surprised if Scherzer pitches a few (1or 2) innings tonight. Gio has only worked out of the bullpen a few games in his career. Roark has been back and forth between starter and reliever.

I can't figure out if this series is good because it's been entertaining or bad because it's been...well, bad baseball for the most part.

Isn't good pitching supposed to equal good baseball?

A few errors in the field I guess

Haven't heard anything from #sauces, but I think it will be Gio, the Roark if Gio doesn't pitch well. Command of pitches as well as score will dictate. Don't be surprised if Scherzer pitches a few (1or 2) innings tonight. Gio has only worked out of the bullpen a few games in his career. Roark has been back and forth between starter and reliever.

TITCR

I could see Dusty planning to pitch each of Gio and Roark once through the lineup. Then Scherzer for one or two innings, then the regular bullpen finishers.

Committee approach tonight. It wasn't needed yesterday once Stras got well. I wonder, did Scherzer offering to pitch an inning yesterday help Stras recover?

The existence of Kyle Schwarber is the only reasonable argument for a NL DH that I've ever heard

Schwarber is a different hitter on the big stage. Cubs need to keep scoring runs. There's no quit in the Nats.

Okay boys. Finish this off!

I’m sympathetic to the west coast but starting playoff games at 808 is brutal.

Huge punch out by WADE (better than Heart attack Aroldis)

Can he go another inning and then Lackey TOTALLY REDEEMS HIMSELF and closes it out

Back