• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Chicago Cubs Thread - Playoff Push Pending

Welp, win tomorrow and it becomes a semi-moot point- starting pitching still lines up and it's just one less home game in the NLDS.

Not feeling great after the 1st. Only positive is Freeland throwing 18 pitches, which I’m not sure really matters in this mix and match bullpen era.

They are exhausted. The timing and hand/eye coordination required for hitting is diminished. Take one day off over the next six weeks and see how you feel.

I'm afraid it's gotten to a point where even if they win they'll be too beat up and tired to do anything in the NLDS, not unlike last year when they were gassed going into the NLCS.

I think Theo overhauls the team. I suspect Montgomery, Russell, and Schwarber all will be gone. Obviously need to fire Chili Davis and get a different approach - this team was atrocious at the plate.

Last edited:
Back