• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Chicago Cubs Thread - Playoff Push Pending

Good win this evening to take the series from the Brewers. Cubs need to enjoy their day off tomorrow. They play 16 straight games before another scheduled day off.

That Brewers team is a tough out. Huge stretch of games coming up. The Brewers have 7 more on the road. The Cards are sort of reeling right now. Keep the pressure up.

In other news there is speculation that Zobrist and his wife may be on the skids. She recently deleted her twitter account and removed most of the photos of Zobrist from her instagram account.

That Brewers team is a tough out. Huge stretch of games coming up. The Brewers have 7 more on the road. The Cards are sort of reeling right now. Keep the pressure up.

In other news there is speculation that Zobrist and his wife may be on the skids. She recently deleted her twitter account and removed most of the photos of Zobrist from her instagram account.

Sounds like it.

Caratini is close to coming back. Happy for TD, but Caratinis bat from both sides and flexibility will help.

Agree on Caratini. Without Zobrist the bench needs another left handed bat.

TD did enough to be considered dependable depth. The team won when he started and he was the major reason for one of those wins. For a career minor league player, the key to the majors is making a solid contribution at every opportunity.

Cubs World Series MVP Ben Zobrist, who has been on personal leave from the team since last week, filed a complaint early this week for legal separation from his wife, alleging she “has been guilty of inappropriate marital conduct, which rendered further cohabitation impossible,” according to a report in The Tennesseean.

Sorry to hear of Zobrist difficulties.

Cubs gift Reds a game tonight. Every reliever except Montgomery gave up a run and Monty escaped the same fate because of a Heyward- Russell-Taylor relay to nail a runner at home. Speaking of Heyward, in seven straight games at leadoff he is 3 for 33 with one walk. Joe might want to return him to seventh or eighth in the order, where he is hitting .304 and has produced 20 runs in 16 games. Just a thought.

Sorry to hear of Zobrist difficulties.

Cubs gift Reds a game tonight. Every reliever except Montgomery gave up a run and Monty escaped the same fate because of a Heyward- Russell-Taylor relay to nail a runner at home. Speaking of Heyward, in seven straight games at leadoff he is 3 for 33 with one walk. Joe might want to return him to seventh or eighth in the order, where he is hitting .304 and has produced 20 runs in 16 games. Just a thought.

I cannot stand Heyward at lead off.

Yu didn't pitch poorly tonight. That's a bonus.

I'd love to see the team just give Maples some run and leave CEJ down on the farm. Maples has electric stuff. Give him some run.

I see Brach got an AB. Odd given game situation from the box score. Agree Hayward needs to drop in the order. darvish with 11 Ks and NO walks. Nice. Baez and Bote combine for 7 Ks

Thought Cubs had it in the 10th with the Contreras dribbler - Garrett's throw to first was crazy fast.

You also have to take into account the Reds pitching is number one in baseball. Most strikeouts. Doesn’t allow hits or a lot of home runs. Yes the Cubs left opportunities out there but this ain’t the Orioles.

You also have to take into account the Reds pitching is number one in baseball. Most strikeouts. Doesn’t allow hits or a lot of home runs. Yes the Cubs left opportunities out there but this ain’t the Orioles.

Facing Castillo tonight, not going to be easy to continue the series win streak. Pen was due for a bad game, I'm just not sure why we trust CJ more than Kyle Ryan right now - I know Suarez hits lefties well, but I would rather see Ryan get another batter instead of CJ there.

Reds are pretty solid, they have a significant positive run differentia in spite of their record and they closed as significant favorites over us last night. No bad teams in the Central

Back