• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Chicago Cubs Thread - Playoff Push Pending

Kimbrel up to a 6.08 ERA after that blast. Good to know Cubs are on the hook for another 32 mil after this year. Brutal signing by Theo and crew.

My Cards !

Wait, I thought you were a Pirates fan?

Stick a fork in the Cubs. How many more years does Heyward have on his contract? Losing two straight critical games at home to the Reds pretty much signaled the end. 7 of 11 against the Cards? Not gonna happen.

Last edited:
Let’s see if my magic can start the end of the year run.
b3e986a2094bc2fedd8f46157a74e010.jpg

really like the way our Cards are throwing the ball heading down the stretch

feeling good about the division

just need the bats to wake up in October

Good young arms in Hudson & Flaherty and now Waino is heating up. Even Wacha is starting to round into shape. Hope it bodes well for the playoffs!

Jumping on the bandwagon of that shitty fanbase (see above)? Some of you have no shame.

At least Aroldis didn't completely blow Game 7, makes this slow decline tolerable at least

If anyone has free time on his (or her) hands, maybe you can list Theo's significant trades and free agent signings during his Cubs tenure to assess his record.

I like Joe but it may be time to move on. Twice in the last week he has taken out a starter who had no business coming out. Both times the bullpen cost us the game.

Yeah I'm fine with a changing of the guard, but we have bigger problems.

Sounds like David Ross likely replacement? Gonna be a weird dynamic since he was buddy-buddy with so many guys on our current roster. And I have a hard time seeing him as a crack-the-whip guy anyway

They are likely going to have to trade someone we wouldn't expect, else the team will largely be the same again. I suspect Russell is gone, but he is not longer part of the core. Likely Happ sticks around as the Cubs have him under control for awhile and his value isn't particularly high. Almora could be gone, could stay, but at most he is in a reserve role.

So out of Rizzo, Baez, KB, Schwarber, and Contreras, I'm expect 1 or more to be moved in a more dramatic deal. If I had to guess, I think Schwarber will be traded after a decent year and one of KB/Contreras as the other surprise move.

Unreal collapse. They have cycle a good part of the roster to hopefully come back with mentally tougher, less error prone team.

I almost feel like Joe is just fucking with Theo. Kimbrel 2x to make a point and then leaves Darvish in for the counter example. Massive organizational failure over the last year and a half.

Well we are about to see what this team has... a road tour (we suck on the road) to clench a wild card spot.

Back