• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Chicago Cubs Thread - Playoff Push Pending

Finnegan is probably the Reds best pitcher, should be a good game.

Likely see Bryant, Russell and Soler struggle - wondering if they go with the TLS at 3rd and Bryant in LF thing again today.

The Reds have a better rotation than I remembered. Iglesias and DeSclafani aren't bad either. And they still have some offensive weapons.

I could see them hanging round .500 and being a difficult opponent for CHC/PIT/StL

Cubs pick up LHP Giovanni Soto from Cleveland for cash considerations and assign him to Iowa. Schwarber to the 60 day DL. Tonight is the first taste of cold weather the team has experienced since spring training began. That is always an adjustment.

Finnegan is probably the Reds best pitcher, should be a good game.

Likely see Bryant, Russell and Soler struggle - wondering if they go with the TLS at 3rd and Bryant in LF thing again today.

They didn't, odd lineup though, Zo moves down to 5th, Bryant up to 3rd - Fowler, Heyward, Bryant, Rizzo, Zo, Soler, Russell, Ross, Lester

Cubs pick up LHP Giovanni Soto from Cleveland for cash considerations and assign him to Iowa. Schwarber to the 60 day DL. Tonight is the first taste of cold weather the team has experienced since spring training began. That is always an adjustment.

I thought this was a joke at first. Apparently I am not a good speller.

In Winston I get the Barves on 46 and the Hornets on 71...I think the Reds are a "local" team here, but I have MLB Extra Innings. Will I be blacked out? That will be annoying AF.

In Winston I get the Barves on 46 and the Hornets on 71...I think the Reds are a "local" team here, but I have MLB Extra Innings. Will I be blacked out? That will be annoying AF.

I don't get any of the Baltimore or Nats games in Raleigh??????

Yep. The Reds are a "local" team and the game is blacked out on MLB.tv. Garbage.

Lester is having his problems and the Reds lead 3-0 after four. Cubs came out swinging at first pitch fastballs, made good contact but seven fast outs. Have worked the pitch count since and received three walks but zero hits.

My Reds are definitely going to lose.

Sent from my SM-G935T using Tapatalk

Brandon Finnegan pitches 6.2 innings of no hit ball for the Reds to no avail. Heyward with a bases loaded single in the 7th puts the first two runs on the board for the Cubs. Addison Russell with a 3 run HR in the 8th is the game winner. Cub bullpen does the job. 40k+ fans at Wrigley go from silent to ecstatic at the home opener.

Then the Cubs dork out in their new party room, equipped with disco ball and smoke machine. Is there anything about this team that's not completely detestable ?

Javier Baez started at third base Monday night for Iowa in his first action since going on the DL. Hit a solo home run in three plate appearances.

Hopefully Lackey can bounce back from a lack(ey)luster performance tonight. It will be interesting to see what lineups we go with day in and day out - I expect a lot of rotations

Back