• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Chicago Cubs Thread - Playoff Push Pending

Cuas just implodes. Throws multiple meatballs with 2 strikes. Cubs not playing solid ball this past week with lots of little mistakes adding up.

Interested to see what he does tomorrow. Gritty win tonight. I would feel better if we could stretch the wild card lead a smidge since it doesn’t look like we will be catching the Brewers.

Tauchman gets a PH single. PCA pinch runs for him. Hit and run gets him to 2nd on a ground out by Madrigal. He then tries to steal third and is gunned down by a great throw and tag combo. He’s now out there in CF. And per the Rockies announcers he will be starting in tomorrow’s game.

3-1 B7 Cubs.
Starting tomorrow? Wow. Bad news on Alzolay. Big to get the W

PCA. First ball drilled to CF tonight and he makes a running, leaping catch against the wall. Didn’t take long to flash the glove.

Gets an RBI on a fielders choice to put the Cubs up 2-0. Then is gunned down on a questionable steal attempt.

Last edited:
Has Bellinger made any kind of statement about where in the field he prefers to play going forward? Bad loss yesterday. Need to win the series today.

Has Bellinger made any kind of statement about where in the field he prefers to play going forward? Bad loss yesterday. Need to win the series today.
Yes. He prefers CF (at least that's what he's always said). But you've got former MLB players literally saying PCA is the best defensive OFer they have ever seen. I mean that's friggin' insane given he has only played minor league baseball.

Yesterday sucked. So many base running blunders and way too many walks.

Cubs probably should have been swept. Disastrous series though they have some margin for error. If I was confident they would make the playoffs, I'd actually prefer the #6 slot playing Milwaukee vs. the Phillies.

Bad D, bad pitching, bad situational hitting. Missed opportunities to extend the WC lead

Cubs played like crap the past two games. PCA has a great glove but Ross would be wise to use Tauchman in CF and Bellinger at 1B. That combo was vital in making the team a contender, don't desert them now.

Much needed day off. Hope the team comes back ready - need to win the Arizona series
Yeah I think just getting a day to clear the heads will help. We'd played something like 15 games in 14 days by my count without a day off.

Back