• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Chicago Dining

My two favorite restaurants in Chicago were Topolobampo and La Sirena Clandestina. Frontera (the less expensive cousin of Topolobampo) is great, too.

Tried to walk into Topolobampo last night but didn't want to wait. I thought Frontera was just ok when I went. They have a great mezcal selection, but none of the food I got was anything special. Agree that La Sirena Clandestina is awesome. Since I couldn't get into Topo last night I ended up at Blackbird and had a fabulous meal.

Avec is next door to Blackbird and I had an excellent meal there. Not too expensive either.

I love all those Kahan places, but the Publican was my favorite.

Xoco is my favorite Bayless restaurant, although much different than Topo and Frontera.

Alinea was worth every (of the many) penny.

Hung out with some Chicago fellas in ole meeje today. Not the kind you probably see around but they know all the hot places. Good dudes

Wend to Oriole on Weds night and it was amazing. Went to Acadia last night and it was good but not close to Oriole for me. Both wifey and I are feeling pretty funky this morning. That's a lot of very rich food. And we have Grace tonight, which I'm super excited for but which also may kill me.

Juice, you once mentioned a sneaky good cocktail bar downtown. Was it maybe Milk Room? Looking for a place for drinks tonight.

Yeah, Milk Room if you can get tix but all the Chicago Athletic Association bars are cool.

CAA is awesome. If you can't get into Milk Room, head to Cindy's. Rooftop bar with great cocktails and an amazing view of Milennium Park (on what looks to be a gorgeous night). Then head to the Game Room and end up at the Shake Shack. Has it all.

Juice, you once mentioned a sneaky good cocktail bar downtown. Was it maybe Milk Room? Looking for a place for drinks tonight.

I went to Boleo last night which is a rooftop bar in the Kimpton hotel. Very cool spot. Tapas and interesting cocktails. They take reservations too, from what I understand.

I went to Boleo last night which is a rooftop bar in the Kimpton hotel. Very cool spot. Tapas and interesting cocktails. They take reservations too, from what I understand.

My brother was actually there that same night.

Yeah, Milk Room if you can get tix but all the Chicago Athletic Association bars are cool.

Tried to get into Cindy's on Friday and the line was out the hotel door by 5:15. So we did t end up doing that. But I'm up there a lot and I always stay a block away from there, so I'll try and check those places out sometime soon.

Heading to Chicago for Labor Day weekend and our group is looking for a good pizza place for one of our meal. I see one recommendation for Lou Malnati's and one thumbs down for Pizza Uno. Any other thoughts on a place for good Chicago deep dish?

Back