• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Chicago suggestions

A nice little quiet Italian meal can be had at Topo Gigio.

I also need suggestions, and am not nearly as well informed as Skydog. A group of college friends (probably around a dozen) and I are going to the Wake @ Notre Dame football game next year, and are planning on staying in Chicago. Probably will fly in Thursday, have all day Friday in the city, go to the game Saturday, and fly out Sunday. None of us have spent any real time in Chicago. We're all '07 grads, so will be about 30. Any thoughts on where to stay, what to do, where to eat, etc. would be appreciated.

Man, the current/former love of my life is up there right now for the week. If you run into her tell her that she should get with El Chupe. I dig Chicago, should have applied for a job in the U of Chicago's Music Library section this summer, but just couldn't get it together.

I went here one time, it was pretty cool:

http://www.maproom.com/

I also need suggestions, and am not nearly as well informed as Skydog. A group of college friends (probably around a dozen) and I are going to the Wake @ Notre Dame football game next year, and are planning on staying in Chicago. Probably will fly in Thursday, have all day Friday in the city, go to the game Saturday, and fly out Sunday. None of us have spent any real time in Chicago. We're all '07 grads, so will be about 30. Any thoughts on where to stay, what to do, where to eat, etc. would be appreciated.

What kind of stuff are you guys into and are you trying to do most of your stuff as a whole group?

Man, the current/former love of my life is up there right now for the week. If you run into her tell her that she should get with El Chupe. I dig Chicago, should have applied for a job in the U of Chicago's Music Library section this summer, but just couldn't get it together.

I went here one time, it was pretty cool:

http://www.maproom.com/

That was one of my favorite bars in Chicago. Unbeatable beer list, cool people, kitschy vibe with some 1980's electronics and furniture scattered about.

Also, it's close to other good restaurants/bars in Bucktown and Wicker Park.

What kind of stuff are you guys into and are you trying to do most of your stuff as a whole group?

For the most part, we'll be trying to do things as a group, so it's tough to give a cross-section of interests, apart from that we're all Wake grads and could stomach/make the attempt to do at least one thing culture-y--history, museum, art, etc. Not much of an interest in baseball across the group. The game is in November, so that probably creates a preference for indoor activities.

Back