• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Childress & Larue Headed to Title Game

KVegasDeac

Reaction score
...in the Frank Spencer Holiday Classic at the Joel. East Forsyth beat a tough WS Prep team 65-57.

Senior Riley Larue with 18 and Sophomore Brandon Childress had 9.

Do coaches' kids get the same tuition break at WF that kids of other WF staff members get? (the Mike Drum Clause)

Do coaches' kids get the same tuition break at WF that kids of other WF staff members get? (the Mike Drum Clause)

? I'm not sure of the specifics, but I'm pretty sure they would attend at a drastically reduced rate- would they even need a scholly or could they be a walk-on?

Riley Larue will play basketball in college, but not at a high D1 level. He's a very good, smart player.

Brandon Childress is good. He inherited his father's swagger.

Younger Cooper LaRue should be watched as he develops.

Yes. As long as the parent has been employed full-time at Wake for three years.

photo_franchise.gif

Thought they were doing away with or drastically reducing the faculty/staff tuition concession? Did that never go down?

That's so cheesy. Even if there were a couple of hundred kids, it wouldn't be that big a deal.

There has long been a bit of a rift between the undergrad and the medical center. It would make sense that WFBH employees would be the first kicked out.

That's so cheesy. Even if there were a couple of hundred kids, it wouldn't be that big a deal.

A couple hundred kids when the average incoming class is around 1000 kids is absolutely a big deal.

There's a good chance the medical school staff will lose theirs, but we have not heard anything yet.

There has long been a bit of a rift between the undergrad and the medical center. It would make sense that WFBH employees would be the first kicked out.

If i recall correctly, it was the faculty at the medical school that were petitioning to eliminate the concession. From what I have heard, some of them were tired about having money for the concession fund drawn from their paychecks.

I really hope Larue and Childress aren't still coaches in a couple years.

Assuming the costs are that great and that none of the students got any grants or scholarships. It would also help attract the best people to our staffs.

Assuming the costs are that great and that none of the students got any grants or scholarships. It would also help attract the best people to our staffs.

Would rather be above average on salary than on benefits. People normally don't make decisions based on benefits; they are nice-to-haves, not must-haves.

I think the rule of thumb (200 students x $40k in tuition) works fine..the per student cost of Wake is actually more than tuition (funded by the endowment) so you would have to work that in as well.

Its not an issue with WFBH faculty complaining. Its an IRS/federal govt issue. Since the med school and hospital are merging, the primary objective of the combined institution isn't degree granting. Therefor the government wont allow the medical school to continue to get that benefit.

Back