• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Chill .gif

How many people will jump to BuzzOUT! if we lose tomorrow? I think a major shift in the paradigm of Wake support could occur if that was to happen.

Listening to Chill talk about how much he hates Duke is Jaylen Rose esque. He has a passion for the game that is rare. Who knows how good of an Xs and Os guy he is, but I know the guy can motivate. Our team needs some talent for sure, but also motivation. I believe Chill can sell himself to Recruits, and sell the school, so he may not be a terrible option at all. Bring in some good assistants around you that know the Xs and Os, and I think he might be pretty successful.

How many people will jump to BuzzOUT! if we lose tomorrow? I think a major shift in the paradigm of Wake support could occur if that was to happen.

Wow, didn't realize we had another game already.
There might be a disturbance in the Force if we lose to BC but I doubt it will be earthshaking. No one is going to be surprised if we lose. In fact, I'll be pleasantly surprised if we win.

Listening to Chill talk about how much he hates Duke is Jaylen Rose esque. He has a passion for the game that is rare. Who knows how good of an Xs and Os guy he is, but I know the guy can motivate. Our team needs some talent for sure, but also motivation. I believe Chill can sell himself to Recruits, and sell the school, so he may not be a terrible option at all. Bring in some good assistants around you that know the Xs and Os, and I think he might be pretty successful.

I remember when Bz was hired we were told what an amazing Xs and Os coach he was. Maybe he is. I'm not really seeing it but I'm not a bball guru.

It will be incredibly disappointing if we lose to BC, and yet all too predictable. We came out with focus against Duke, and it would be so, so like us to come out flat on the road against a poor team.

The flip side is we could roll BC by 25 tomorrow and it's happy time... *ting*

Are Chill's sons any good? I think we are more likely to see them in uniform than we are to see him as HC.

Yeah, we'd totes win more games if everyone yelled at our players. Emotion is the problem, not lack of depth or talent, or dealing with the mass exodus of players over the past two years.

Ha. Thank you.

Yea, but what's the difference between Chill's face and Bz's face during the NC State game? It's the same face. It's just "giving up" in the moment, and looking forward to getting into the practice gym again.

Chill can't talk to the players during the game. The difference is that he can't do anything besides sit there and cheer.

Yea, good question. Anybody know how old his sons are? I hope they take after their father in a big way.

From the WakeForestSports.com article in August 2011:

He and wife, Jen-Ai, have two sons, Brandon (13) and Deven (11).

Did that article have a quote from Childress about him wanting to be a head coach in the future?????

Emotion doesn't always win the day. Not everyone responds to yelling in a positive manner. Do you really think that if Buzz got into the guys' faces and screamed at them, we would have even 2 more wins? If Skip had blasted CP3 during the WV game, would we have won in OT? If Odom screams at Rutland, does he nail the shot against OKState?

I agree with your first two points. I do think sometimes guys respond better when they see a coach get pissed about bad play. Some guys need their asses kicks, some need their hands held. One approach doesnt' fit all. If any of those scenarios had happened, would we have won the game? Maybe, maybe not. But we did lose them all.

His oldest son like basketball and is not bad, he is in his early teens.

Back