• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Chill .gif

Wow, now you're making dumb points that aren't even intelligible.

I thought Chill was impressive in his interview. I'd like to see him get an expanded role with the bball program.

this is killing him. childress was, and i am sure still is, as fierce a competitor as i have ever seen. i would be curious if he sees a lack of competitiveness with either the team or staff.

I fully believe that if we could get him a jersey and put him on the court, we'd win at least 10 of our next 12 games.

I'd just like to see Chill be more positive if he's sitting on the bench. We're all screaming about our team and fans' "loser mentality", but that .gif is loser mentality personified. Get upset, Chill. Don't just pout.

He isn't sitting on the bench. He's sitting behind the bench. He isn't a coach.

What would the point of him getting upset?

No, a loser mentality is accepting it. Chill is clearly pissed off and knows it's not acceptable. The guys don't need participation ribbons.

Yeah, we'd totes win more games if everyone yelled at our players. Emotion is the problem, not lack of depth or talent, or dealing with the mass exodus of players over the past two years.

No, a loser mentality is accepting it. Chill is clearly pissed off and knows it's not acceptable. The guys don't need participation ribbons.

Yea, but what's the difference between Chill's face and Bz's face during the NC State game? It's the same face. It's just "giving up" in the moment, and looking forward to getting into the practice gym again.

I'd just like to see Chill be more positive if he's sitting on the bench. We're all screaming about our team and fans' "loser mentality", but that .gif is loser mentality personified. Get upset, Chill. Don't just pout.

You prefer the Bzz stoneface golf clap? Give me someone who shows some emotion for the good and the bad. IIRC, the plays preceeding that image were quite bad indeed.

Yea, but what's the difference between Chill's face and Bz's face during the NC State game? It's the same face. It's just "giving up" in the moment, and looking forward to getting into the practice gym again.

So now we are resorting to comparing Randolph Childress to Jeff [Redacted] in order to defend the current coach.

Awesome.

There's nothing loser-like about Chill. I see someone who is still passionate about Wake bball and is upset- no pouting.

The distinction is pretty obvious.

Yeah, that's definitely not a pout-face from Childress. That's a WTF happened to my team-face.

You prefer the Bzz stoneface golf clap? Give me someone who shows some emotion for the good and the bad. IIRC, the plays preceeding that image were quite bad indeed.

Emotion doesn't always win the day. Not everyone responds to yelling in a positive manner. Do you really think that if Buzz got into the guys' faces and screamed at them, we would have even 2 more wins? If Skip had blasted CP3 during the WV game, would we have won in OT? If Odom screams at Rutland, does he nail the shot against OKState?

So now we are resorting to comparing Randolph Childress to Jeff [Redacted] in order to defend the current coach.

Awesome.

No, the whole point of this exercise is to show that using snippets of game film as an indictment against our coach is stupid. It's the same as jumping on [Redacted] for saying in a radio interview "We're not good yet, but we're not bad." What would we ideally want him to say? He certainly can't say "we're good," and I don't want him to say "we suck" on the radio either. Likewise, his stoneface during absolute defeat is about what I'd expect. Once you're down by 35, you suck it up and get back in the locker room or the gym the next day to bash some heads.

Back