• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Choose Life License Plate ruled unconstitutional in NC

I agree. Most pro life mongoloids are also pro death penalty. These morons can have the best of both worlds.

Wait a second--the license plate says "Choose Life." The people opposed to the plate are, by their own designation, "Pro-choice." This ostensibly means they are in favor of the right to choose one option or the other. Perhaps the General Assembly can mollify the ACLU by also offering a plate that says "Choose Death." That way, everyone in this debate can choose one or the other and everyone can get along...

Wait a second--the license plate says "Choose Life." The people opposed to the plate are, by their own designation, "Pro-choice." This ostensibly means they are in favor of the right to choose one option or the other. Perhaps the General Assembly can mollify the ACLU by also offering a plate that says "Choose Death." That way, everyone in this debate can choose one or the other and everyone can get along...

Don't confuse this thread. They are doing such a great job of somehow demonizing people who value the life of a child over convenience. Great thread. Will read again.

Someone just posted this photo on facebook. Not sure if dry cleaners are trolling.

522635_445850625462736_163159399_n.jpg

There is an amazing positive correlation between people who claim to be "pro-life" and people who support the death penalty and stupid, unnecessary wars.

I am always amazed at people who attempt to correlate phenomenons that are completely dissimilar. Grown adult choosing to fight a war or defend his country does not correlate to a helpless child being terminated. Sorry but regardless of someone's stance it is stupid to assume that anyone who is pro-life should be a pacifist.

I am always amazed at people who attempt to correlate phenomenons that are completely dissimilar. Grown adult choosing to fight a war or defend his country does not correlate to a helpless child being terminated. Sorry but regardless of someone's stance it is stupid to assume that anyone who is pro-life should be a pacifist.

Warning blatant generalizations ahead:
I have found most pro-life people care more about moral superiority than the life of an un-born child. It makes sense when you consider they are more "pro-birth" than pro-life because once the baby is born they want nothing to do with its life.

Also, if I personally got anything out of reading the NT of the Bible I think it is a message of respect for life. Thus it is funny that the same followers of a guy who was tortured and nailed to a cross (yet still forgave) are the most likely to advocate for the death penalty and harsh criminal penalties rather than rehabilitation.

I think the most pathetic thing is when during the Iraq war I learned that the briefs that Bush received had Bible verses on them. Really really sickening.

The RW just uses religion to feel morally superiority and at the same time cloak their pursuit of really base human desires. Criminal punishment = yea kill the bastard or lock him up and throw away the key. War a chance to beat their chests and use the shiny toys that cost trillions.

There is an amazing positive correlation between people who claim to be "pro-life" and people who support the death penalty and stupid, unnecessary wars.

I'm amazed at your ability to completely ignore what he said. There's a tremendous difference between fighting a stupid, unnecessary war and defending your country.

This thread is great. We have jumped from discussion of a license plate that supports someone's opinion on the definition of life to Bush and WMDs. Sometimes I often have hope for a sane discussion regarding social issues. And then this thread happens. Makes me chuckle.

Let's derail to something way more important..

Anyone have an idea where the project to get WFU license plates in Virginia stands? I just moved here and was saddened that a lot of tiny colleges have their own plate and a school that is 30 minutes from the VA border can't have one.

Let's derail to something way more important..

Anyone have an idea where the project to get WFU license plates in Virginia stands? I just moved here and was saddened that a lot of tiny colleges have their own plate and a school that is 30 minutes from the VA border can't have one.

You only need 350 people.

Who is going to purchase this one? NC DMV says it is available, but subject to approval.

DrawPlate

This thread is great. We have jumped from discussion of a license plate that supports someone's opinion on the definition of life to Bush and WMDs. Sometimes I often have hope for a sane discussion regarding social issues. And then this thread happens. Makes me chuckle.

Would you support a license plate that says- "Love to be gay" or "I love gay marriage"?

Sure, if someone wanted to put that on their license plate why would I care? I am all for people supporting what they believe is right, especially on something as meaningless as a license plate. If the state is going to allow people to personalize a license plate, then set the parameters for how many people it would take, and from that point on let them go. You could have some guidelines (like no vulgarity) but other than that if people want to support a specific political cause then what detriment would it be. Are we going to stop people from putting bumper stickers on their car?

That is one thing that is ironic about all of this. The "Choose Life" license plate isn't necessarily opposed to Roe v. Wade. It assumes Roe v. Wade (ie, it acknowledges that people can "choose") but simply says that, given this freedom, we should "Choose Life." In fact, if the license plate were opposed to Roe v. Wade, it would say "Pro-Life" not "Choose Life." So, in truth, the alternative to "Choose Life" is not "Pro-Choice." It is "Choose Death."

I wonder how a court would react to that?

Back