• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Chris Givens--Early Draft Ranking

Damn,, I really wish he wasn't going. But I don't guess he had a choice. Apparently.

Why no choice? I get the history of injuries and family needs, but does that = no choice? Or am I missing something?

He also has:

Looney as the #12 OG

Wilbur as the #13 OLB

Dorty as the #26 OLB

Quarles as the #27 S

Yeah, GBN has him as the #17 WR, which would put him late 4th to 5th. Normally, if you get that type of draft grade, you'd be better off returning to school. But I have no idea about his academic issues. Wish him the best though and think he has pro game. Would love to see him in purple as a 5th rounder.

I believe he got caught doing something academically unacceptable...

Did we ever get any sort of respectable confirmation of that or has it simply ascended from message board speculation into accepted fact at this point?

My (wild) speculation is that he only has academic issues because he slacked off in anticipation of jumping for the NFL. There were serious rumors that he'd already made his mind up around final exams.

But he would still have time to bring up his grades over the summer if he really wanted to come back. That's why the speculation of more serious academic issues exists....

My (wild) speculation is that he only has academic issues because he slacked off in anticipation of jumping for the NFL. There were serious rumors that he'd already made his mind up around final exams.

I would guess it's more of this. I think he has plenty of potential but he could have used another year and I'm actually a "leave early" guy.

If he wasn't making the grade, he would have been ineligible for the bowl game.

McShay has him as the 9th WR and 74th overall.

CBS/Draft Scout 10th at WR, 90th overall.

Do we have an estimate for his 40 time? I think he may be underrated there by the gurus.

Last edited:

Pretty much the norm for those that know they are going early. Can't blame givens if that is what he wants to do. The NFL only has about 1600 jobs for players so to get one would be special.

McShay has him as the 9th WR and 74th overall.

CBS/Draft Scout 10th at WR, 90th overall.

Do we have an estimate for his 40 time? I think he may be underrated there by the gurus.

GBN says he's 6'0" and runs a 4.52 40.

Back