• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Chris Givens--Early Draft Ranking

If a guy is academically ineligible for the Spring Semester, then he couldn't play in the bowl game, right?

I base this off Ty Walker being suspended for the Fall Semester, and he got to play right after that semester ended, not after the Spring Semester started.

Stands to reason, I think, but if I'm wrong I would appreciate an explanation of the differences.

ETA:
If this was already brought up then I apologize. I just clicked last page and started reading.

Last edited:
I honestly don't know the differences, but I do know that he would not have been eligible for the spring semester, and judging how Grobe has handled academic problems in the past I doubt he would've continued to be on the team. In the end it was probably a good decision for him to go pro.

Well, Camp is a shortish white receiver with average speed who does all his work over the middle, by running great routes, catching everything he touches, and making people miss. I can understand the comparison, though Welker is obv. in another stratosphere at this point.

I doubt the sorority girls would go into that much detail, but agreed.

I don't remember any articles, but our own local football expert, Lectro, predicted him to be a Top 5 NFL draft prospect at some point, and called him out best corner before the season started, so there's that. :thumbsup:

What a douche you are... I only posted Mel Kiper's assessment of Okoro. I have always liked Kenny O, I just think he grew past the CB position and he can't control his off hand. But Kiper, like most scouts, was going alot on size, potential + athleticism. You have a solid character, a 4.4 electronic guy and a 40 plus vertical. So Kiper projected Kenny Top 5 after Okoro's rs fr campaign.

Last edited:
I honestly don't know the differences, but I do know that he would not have been eligible for the spring semester, and judging how Grobe has handled academic problems in the past I doubt he would've continued to be on the team. In the end it was probably a good decision for him to go pro.

How do you know this? If he was ineligible for the spring semester based on fall grades. He should have missed the bowl game. See FSU's senior running back's ineligibility for the Champs Bowl, for instance.

I know people higher up in the athletic department. And it wasn't grades that made him ineligible.

I know people higher up in the athletic department. And it wasn't grades that made him ineligible.

ambiguous posts are ambiguous.

a little clarity please? if you're not going to share, then don't bother with the cryptic posts...

ambiguous posts are ambiguous.

a little clarity please? if you're not going to share, then don't bother with the cryptic posts...

+1, academic issues that aren't grade related - can only come up with one thing and it is not a path we want to go down.

What a douche you are... I only posted Mel Kiper's assessment of Okoro. I have always liked Kenny O, I just think he grew past the CB position and he can't control his off hand. But Kiper, like most scouts, was going alot on size, potential + athleticism. You have a solid character, a 4.4 electronic guy and a 40 plus vertical. So Kiper projected Kenny Top 5 after Okoro's rs fr campaign.

Serious question- when was the last time you were wrong?

+1, academic issues that aren't grade related - can only come up with one thing and it is not a path we want to go down.

That's the path that Givens chose. I know he had a meeting with the academic honor court (or council, whatever it's called) and that it did not go in his favor.

That's the path that Givens chose. I know he had a meeting with the academic honor court (or council, whatever it's called) and that it did not go in his favor.

Damn. Makes sense. Same thing that happened to Jamie Skeen, correct?

I'm wondering about possible.connections between this and Billings' dismissal.

If this is true, I dont see Grobe playing him or the school allowing him to play

As I said earlier, Givens gave Wake Forest football a great 3 years, but it was his time to move on from the team and the university.

If this is true, I dont see Grobe playing him or the school allowing him to play

Agreed. And if they did (as KingCurtis appears to be saying), I would be very, very disappointed in Coach Grobe and the University for letting him play. Leave that crap to UNC.

I don't remember any articles, but our own local football expert, Lectro, predicted him to be a Top 5 NFL draft prospect at some point, and called him out best corner before the season started, so there's that. :thumbsup:

:smh Lectro. We already did this on the Josh Bush All-ACC thread. These are things Lectro posted on this board in the offseason, not just right after Okoro's promising freshman year.

You really don't want to open Pandora's box for calling out other posters on missed predictions about specific players.

Yep. Search engine is a bitch.

Look... Kenny Okoro is 6'0.5 and 200 pounds, runs a 4.48 electronic and has a 40" vertical jump.

Kevin Johnson is running with the 1's in Spring.

That means "Zip". KJ is going to be a real steal for the Deacs but Kenny Okoro is the top corner on the team and Dom Tate is not far behind.

Kenny, like Alphonso in his Soph season, tried to do to much. He left some of his responsibilities as he attempted to cover more field on a youth filled Defense.

The guys future is the National Football League provided they still have one...

I'm confused. In one post you say it is all skill and in another you say you want to see swagger?

It definitely comes into play (particularly in the modern game) that both "swagger", or an "air of self-confidence", and skill together contribute to on field performance.

We definitely have skill sets like future top 5 NFL CB Draft Pick Kenny Okoro. Kenny had "skills" in 2010...he did not lose his skill set..he lost his football "state of mind." He lost his mojo.

Scott Wright is my favorite Draft Expert--I've followed him for years. I have checked everyday, waiting for him to update his ranking for underclassmen to see where CG was ranked.

Ranked #19 among WRs. I'm not sure what is the norm from previous drafts, but I've got to assume that's something like 5th rounder..

Link:
http://www.draftcountdown.com/Rankings/WR.php

There's plenty of time before the draft and obviously the combine, but not a great first indicator for ol' Chris..

Back