• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Chris Mack - Legitimate Target

I kind of like it as a backup option. We have wanted to go younger this whole time. Howland's price is too high, Marshall isn't happening, Shaka isn't happening.

You get down to Archie and Amaker after that. What if both turn you down? You can have White and Masiello above Mack if you want, but Ron is not going to hire people from low major programs with only three years of experience.

I think we could do A LOT worse if we can't get our top targets.

What the fuck is Wellman's goddamned obsession with the state of Ohio? There are 49 others, Ron.

"It's a small victory, but a big one!"

cheech-chong-s-the-corsican-brothers-w1280.jpg

He'd still be a huge upgrade over [Redacted]. I guess that would be the upside of all this, we're pretty much guaranteed to get a significant upgrade no matter who Wellman hires. I'd just love to see us get the big name for once.

spaghetti (lol) monster help us if this is the bar we're setting

When stuff like this gets out, makes me think its coming from our side as a smokescreen.

Either that or I assume it comes from the other party. Maybe Mack sees it as time to jump since his results are going downhill?

Mack is weird in that I think he would be a MUCH more popular hire if he had NOT previously been an asst at Wake. He has had a lot more success/better resume than Archie Miller, to use one example.

LOL, he's not turner but seriously?

Marquette is about to get Shaka and Wake is targeting Mack. We could offer five or six guys and get turned down publicly over the next two weeks and I imagine Mack would still be available.

This baffles me, except that it doesn't at all.

Isn't Mack at an X alum? This seems like bs. Same as that idiot who mentioned Hoiberg.

Updated first post to reflect recruiting. In five classes, one 5*, ten 4*, six 3*, 1 NR.

LOL, he's not turner but seriously?

Marquette is about to get Shaka and Wake is targeting Mack. We could offer five or six guys and get turned down publicly over the next two weeks and I imagine Mack would still be available.

This baffles me, except that it doesn't at all.

Wellman doesn't need to rush this. I hope this is just a smokescreen like many are speculating.

We/I have already been down the Xavier road TWICE; one successful...one NOT! I will not be inspired if Mack is our/my new coach! This type of hire [Wellman to blame...or not?] might be the last straw for this long time and long suffering Wake Forest fan.

Back