• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Chris Mack - Legitimate Target

If we are looking for that safe, "bridge hire" BS, then Mack would be perfect. I think he's actually the lowest risk guy bet out of anyone outside of the elite guys (Shaka, Wright, Marshall), but he's just boring and low upside.

"Chris Mack is a winner on and off the floor." - ESPN's Jay Bilas

Christ, does he ever say anything bad about a coach?

All those nice recruiting classes and he's still losing 12-13 games/year

This would show me that wellman doesn't care and just picked the easiest coach who would come. Mack may do great but hiring him shows no creativity or willingness to take a risk. I hope this isn't true

Didn't X have some, umm, culture issues a season or two ago? Something about body bags after a game with Cinci?

I heard that Chris Mack loves Dino and would never come to Wake because of the way Wellman and Hatch treated Dino.

From that article:

Tennessee came calling after the 2010-11 season, because of course it did. Xavier had won 50 games in two seasons under Mack, and Tennessee wanted some of that. The Volunteers offered eight years and about $16 million. Chris Mack said no, because of course he did. He graduated from Xavier. His wife was coaching a high school in the area. His girls were attending Blessed Sacrament. Basketball isn't just basketball, you know. It's family.

What is this "of course it did," "of course he did" Bullshit?

Whatever Butthead started it needs a good kick in the ass.

To me, it smells like a move to get our old friend Mack a raise from Xavier, and maybe smooth over the Dino stuff in the process.

Relax guys. This is so blatantly a Wellman move to pressure someone else. "Hey Chris, its Mit. Look, we're gonna leak your name to CBS as a potential candidate. Hopefully you get a raise out of it. See you on the golf course this summer. Thanks bud".

Back