• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Chris Mooney is a hell of a guy

slothrop

Reaction score
"On the worst day of her life, he offered her his shoulder and his strength, guiding her home to face the grim reality that her beloved father had taken his own life.

He stayed by her through the funeral and the entirety of her senior year, opening up the home he and his wife shared to allow Robyn Jacobs Sordelett a place to live, room to grieve and above all else, a chance to recover and blossom.

And so five years later, on the best day of her life, when Robyn needed someone to walk her down the aisle at her wedding, the former basketball student manager chose the man who had given her solace, peace and support.

She chose Chris Mooney, the Richmond men's coach.

"For me, the biggest thing was that he didn't feel like a replacement," Robyn said. "When he was standing with me, I thought, this is what was meant to be. This man was meant to have this role in my life, to be my protector, my mentor. He does everything for me. There's no one else I would have chosen."

Link

"On the worst day of her life, he offered her his shoulder and his strength, guiding her home to face the grim reality that her beloved father had taken his own life.

He stayed by her through the funeral and the entirety of her senior year, opening up the home he and his wife shared to allow Robyn Jacobs Sordelett a place to live, room to grieve and above all else, a chance to recover and blossom.

And so five years later, on the best day of her life, when Robyn needed someone to walk her down the aisle at her wedding, the former basketball student manager chose the man who had given her solace, peace and support.

She chose Chris Mooney, the Richmond men's coach.

"For me, the biggest thing was that he didn't feel like a replacement," Robyn said. "When he was standing with me, I thought, this is what was meant to be. This man was meant to have this role in my life, to be my protector, my mentor. He does everything for me. There's no one else I would have chosen."

Link

Great story

I don't have to read the story to understand why a Wake fan would post it here. How is this relevant in any way to Wake Forest Sports, other than as a sales pitch for this guy's awful brand of mid-major basketball.

Classless is right. Mooney seems like a really great guy.

I don't have to read the story to understand why a Wake fan would post it here. How is this relevant in any way to Wake Forest Sports, other than as a sales pitch for this guy's awful brand of mid-major basketball.

You're a turd

Someone beat me to the he's no bzz tag.

Is a great story, and I've heard nothing but good things about Mooney. But I do have to admit I'm not so sure Mooney would have success in the ACC with his offense. I used to think so much more than I do now.

Someone beat me to the he's no bzz tag.

Is a great story, and I've heard nothing but good things about Mooney. But I do have to admit I'm not so sure Mooney would have success in the ACC with his offense. I used to think so much more than I do now.

I actually think it would work really well with our current team. Last year's team may have even been able to win a few more games with a guy like Mooney at the helm. CJ, Chase, Travis, Carson, and Ty with Tony coming off of the bench could have run a bit like the Kevin Anderson/Justin Harper teams from awhile back.

I just read the story. He's clearly a great guy. Are you happy now?

Still, he could be Mother Teresa and I wouldn't want the Princeton Offense anywhere near Wake. We already run the football version.

Still, he could be Mother Teresa and I wouldn't want the Princeton Offense anywhere near Wake. We already run the football version.

At this point, I'm almost willing to take anything that will play to our strengths. We haven't had the personnel to run Bzz-ball (whatever the heck that is) since he's gotten here, even though we've now had three completely different looking teams in three years, and the guys we have now would probably thrive in a Princeton offense. Why not give it a try... Anything beats down to the wire games against Nebraska and annual/consecutive in-state rivalry blowouts.

Who said anything about wanting him as our coach??? I don't, I would like a freaking coach that can beat him though.

I actually think it would work really well with our current team. Last year's team may have even been able to win a few more games with a guy like Mooney at the helm. CJ, Chase, Travis, Carson, and Ty with Tony coming off of the bench could have run a bit like the Kevin Anderson/Justin Harper teams from awhile back.

Sure, we would have won more games with Mooney at the helm - because his teams at least play defense. Hell, we could win more games with even Bob Staak at the helm. But to run that Princeton O, you really must have a good big who can pass and shoot from the top of the key - you must always have 1-2 of those guys on your team. And I'm not sure of Mooney's ability to recruit at an ACC level on a consistent basis.

Sure, we would have won more games with Mooney at the helm - because his teams at least play defense. Hell, we could win more games with even Bob Staak at the helm. But to run that Princeton O, you really must have a good big who can pass and shoot from the top of the key - you must always have 1-2 of those guys on your team. And I'm not sure of Mooney's ability to recruit at an ACC level on a consistent basis.

Well, he's got that in common with [Redacted], then.

Back