• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Chris Paul

Agreed. But as you pointed out, this isn't fantasy basketball. You can't block a fair trade because you don't like it. It really is amazing that this happened.

Oh, completely agree it was bush league. But I definitely understand what the owners feared.

There is a big difference. LeBron and Co. went to Miami in the FA market.

Paul is being traded by an organization that is being run by the NBA to the team with the most history in the NBA (shut up Boston). It is certainly a touchy subject and I see both sides.

They were technically signed-and-traded, but you're right.

So does David Stern have to prove that this move was for "basketball reasons"? What exactly can the court rule on here?

The burden is on Paul to establish owner collusion not in the best interests of the Hornets. The Dan Gilbert email would be key, as he openly pleads for the owners to vote to block the deal and doesn't mention the Hornets once.

Bosom buddies!

chris-paul-lebron-james-121b_crop_340x234.jpg

joe-paterno.jpg

Last edited:
just laughed at some idiot on Rivals football boards trying to say CP3 is a whiny bitch. That guy is an idiot, he's probably the only one that doesn't think Paul isn't a good person, and doesn't complain

just laughed at some idiot on Rivals football boards trying to say CP3 is a whiny bitch. That guy is an idiot, he's probably the only one that doesn't think Paul isn't a good person, and doesn't complain

I heard some analyst on the radio trashing Chris, making him out to be the new Lebron in terms of shitting all over New Orleans. I didn't agree with him and his hyperbole pissed me off but that sentiment is out there. People are always looking to tear down good people.

The best part of that was he was trying to say CP3 didn't like to pass or be a good teammate. Facepalm

So the talks are potentially back open....

I laughed so fucking hard at this comment from Demps:

"Yes, we've been given autonomy to make another trade," Hornets general manager Dell Demps told reporters at a news conference Friday night.

What do I think about all of this?

It cracks me up. As I said, if Chris Paul had played his truncated college career at Duke or UNC instead of Wake Forest, he would be being savaged on this board worse than J J Redick. What a bunch of hypocrites.

Wait...what?

Why?...for wanting out of a bad situation and wanting to win?

That bobknightfan must be a parody of the real one- only 18 posts. Surprisingly though, he sounds just like the real one. :eek:

Nobody talking about the new trade to the Clips? Seems like a great deal for them. Don't have to give up Gordon, so now they have CP3, Griffin, and Gordon in their starting lineup? Wow. Should be a fun team to watch this year.

Back