• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Chris Paul

I posted the 9 man lineup, who in the West is better? Chris beat the Lakers twice with Emeka Okafor, Trevor Ariza, Marco Bellineli and Carl Landry as the rest of his starting 5, with Willie Green, Quincy Pondexter and Aaron Gray coming off the bench.

Surely with Gordon, West, Trevor and Tyson, With Foye, Gomes, Aminu coming off the bench he can beat them twice more, right?

No palma.....this thread is about CP and Dwight to the Lakers for fuck sake. Stop with your Clippers nonsense.

Names look similar so easily confused, but I said Farooq developing. Ariza is a servicable stopgap for 2 years to allow him to do so. Heck that lineup can have me as SF and win 50 games.

Oh, and if that doesn't work out, you still have Minnesota's pick next year to fix it.

Yeah, looks like you did confuse them. In the beginning of that post you said Ariza was developing, at the end you said Farouq was developing. The latter makes much more sense.

Yeah, looks like you did confuse them. In the beginning of that post you said Ariza was developing, at the end you said Farouq was developing. The latter makes much more sense.

Gotcha, fixed.

CP3 TO THE CLIPS

I got my wake forest CP3 jersey and coco crisp's courtside clippers tickets at my disposal during the MLB season. I don't think either of us could buckets ourselves in that situation. All I want is to be courtside at Staples, with my wake forest jersey on getting a mid-game fistpound with the man himself. I think a courtside WF jersey will get his attention. I can then die happily.

I got my wake forest CP3 jersey and coco crisp's courtside clippers tickets at my disposal during the MLB season. I don't think either of us could buckets ourselves in that situation.

let's do it. this is not applicable, but i'll rock my wake muggsy throwback anyway.

I posted the 9 man lineup, who in the West is better? Chris beat the Lakers twice with Emeka Okafor, Trevor Ariza, Marco Bellineli and Carl Landry as the rest of his starting 5, with Willie Green, Quincy Pondexter and Aaron Gray coming off the bench.

Surely with Gordon, West, Trevor and Tyson, With Foye, Gomes, Aminu coming off the bench he can beat them twice more, right?

Paul doesn't want to recreate the best Hornets team that went to the 2nd round of the playoffs in LA... right down to the terribleness of the franchise. That would be a good team but definitely not even a team that couldn't lose early in the playoffs, especially if Howard goes to the Lakers. OKC and Dallas could easily hang with that team as well.

Blake is the game changer. Eric Gordon is good but lets not get carried away. CP3 will never win a title if he is the only superstar on the team.

Also, Chandler has become massively over-rated after that title run.

3 or 4 of Bledsoe, Rouq, Jordan, Kamen's expiring contract and the minny likely lotto pick should be enough to get Chris. And they'd still have room to sign dwight as a free agent in the off season.

It's not THAT far-fetched that they could roll out CP, Blake Show, Dwight and Eric Gordan next year.

The team I just posted to you would be favored to win the Championship. If not, be one of the best 3 teams in the league. The future is nice, the present is nicer. This team was 1 game behind the Lakers for best record in the West and took the Spurs to 7 2 years ago with Jannero Pargo playing SG and no bench. Now they have a deep bench and Eric Gordon.

Its Chris freakin Paul and he's 26. He was just voted the 4th best player in the NBA, and he's coming packaged with all the players needed to win a championship. I know the clippers won't trade Griffin, but if I'm the GM of the clippers I do that deal in a heartbeat.

At the end of their respective careers I will bet anyone any amount of money that Chris Paul will be regarded as having a better career than Blake Griffin. And Chris can be effective even without elite athleticism meaning more longevity so I'd say that from this point forward, both will have the same length of top-level play left in their careers since Blake's play currently revolves around his athleticism.

There would be no desire from his camp to go to the clips without playing with Blake Griffin. The clips will not be giving up Blake to get CP3.

3 or 4 of Bledsoe, Rouq, Jordan, Kamen's expiring contract and the minny likely lotto pick should be enough to get Chris. And they'd still have room to sign dwight as a free agent in the off season.

It's not THAT far-fetched that they could roll out CP, Blake Show, Dwight and Eric Gordan next year.

I agree with all of this. I think the point was WHY do all deals for superstars like CP3 have to be so craptacular. Bledsoe Aminu and Kaman's expiring and a draft pick? The Hornets have Emeka so Kaman is just filler. Two borderline guys who might be good but might not be and a pick that is likely to be around 5 for the 4th best player in the NBA? Yes, that's the best offer available and not bad, but why aren't there more superstar for superstar trades, or mutually beneficial trades in these scenarios? I imagine Blake isn't happy with the trade I proposed but both GM's should be, right? It's a cutthroat league and the Clips GM shouldn't care about Blake's feelings after he's traded him.

Latest reports have both the Magic GM, Clippers GM, and Dwight all realizing him and Blake isn't the best combo, since both work in the paint.

I didn't watch many Clippers games last year but I swear I saw him nail some pretty looking midrange shots. Was shocked to hear he can't operate from the outside, but I didn't see enough of him to know for sure I guess. I must have just caught him on a good night from the outside.

There would be no desire from his camp to go to the clips without playing with Blake Griffin. The clips will not be giving up Blake to get CP3.

I just don't understand this I guess. I posted the 9 man lineup, do people not think that is a good lineup for the next 5 years?

Most of these blockbuster trades are just a big market team raping a small market team. A superstar drafted by said small market team uses his signing power to force himself into a dreamy big market situation. And if the small market team refuses to comply they just lose said superstar for nothing in FA.

Also, Chandler has become massively over-rated after that title run.

100% agree. however I'm just going off my knowledge that from everything I hear that while CP3 is apparantly best friends with half the league, Chandler IS one of his best friends and he's basically told teams that if they want him to sign Chandler.

So all this "CP3 wouldn't sign without Blake" I think is wrong if they got west, Chandler and Gordon with a good bench and a minnesota pick next year.

@WojYahooNBA Adrian Wojnarowski
Paul has indicated Clippers and Warriors could raise chances of keeping him long-term if they sign center Tyson Chandler too, sources say.

My guess is that West isn't happy in NO, told CP3 he wasn't coming back, and so CP3 know he wants out too and that's why we're here If David West was staying I think this entire drama would have unfolded next season, not this season. David supposedly has been unhappy with the management for awhile.

Just google "David west is a brother to CP3"

"Our most important thing right now is to try to figure out what D-West is going to do," Paul said. "He's like a brother to me. I've never played a season without him. So I'm trying to communicate with him as much as possible. ... When me and D-West talk, we talk about other things. He had a tough season with his injury, so that's what he's focused on right now. At the end of the day, he's going to do what's best for him and his family."

Read more: http://aol.sportingnews.com/nba/sto...lack-assets-doesnt-expect-trade#ixzz1fpBQNmFb

I think absolutely CP3 would sign an extension with both West and Chandler, on a contender with no bad contracts (except for perhaps West and Chandler, but CP3 doesn't think that way) in the city of Los Angeles. It'd be a done deal if Sterling wasn't involved.

Last edited:
Yeah I've heard the stuff about him wanting to play with Chandler. In no way do I think it is a deal breaker for him or his #1 concern though.

That Clippers team would be really fucking good, but again why would he accept that when he knows he has the power to go there WITH Blake if wants. Once you have 2 players like that the soft cap lets you add to that team until you are a near unstoppable force. That is what the Lakers did for years and the Heat are starting to do.

I agree with all of this. I think the point was WHY do all deals for superstars like CP3 have to be so craptacular. Bledsoe Aminu and Kaman's expiring and a draft pick? The Hornets have Emeka so Kaman is just filler. Two borderline guys who might be good but might not be and a pick that is likely to be around 5 for the 4th best player in the NBA? Yes, that's the best offer available and not bad, but why aren't there more superstar for superstar trades, or mutually beneficial trades in these scenarios? I imagine Blake isn't happy with the trade I proposed but both GM's should be, right? It's a cutthroat league and the Clips GM shouldn't care about Blake's feelings after he's traded him.

Latest reports have both the Magic GM, Clippers GM, and Dwight all realizing him and Blake isn't the best combo, since both work in the paint.

I didn't watch many Clippers games last year but I swear I saw him nail some pretty looking midrange shots. Was shocked to hear he can't operate from the outside, but I didn't see enough of him to know for sure I guess. I must have just caught him on a good night from the outside.

The clippers are building AROUND Blake Griffin not looking to potentially deal him to get another superstar. Blake Griffin will no how no way be included in any trade talks.

If he shows the improvement I believe he will, his mid range game, while not horrible, will be improved from last year where you will see him shooting in the 40% area from 10-18 feet range. Dwight has improved his mid range game but they are just different players. Dwight is an offensive rebound and put back machine who gets position down low for easy dunks. While Blake does that you will see him running the floor a whole lot more and his ball handling is fairly decent for a 6-10 man child.

100% agree. however I'm just going off my knowledge that from everything I hear that while CP3 is apparantly best friends with half the league, Chandler IS one of his best friends and he's basically told teams that if they want him to sign Chandler.

So all this "CP3 wouldn't sign without Blake" I think is wrong if they got west, Chandler and Gordon with a good bench and a minnesota pick next year.

@WojYahooNBA Adrian Wojnarowski
Paul has indicated Clippers and Warriors could raise chances of keeping him long-term if they sign center Tyson Chandler too, sources say.

My guess is that West isn't happy in NO, told CP3 he wasn't coming back, and so CP3 know he wants out too and that's why we're here If David West was staying I think this entire drama would have unfolded next season, not this season. David supposedly has been unhappy with the management for awhile.

Just google "David west is a brother to CP3"

"Our most important thing right now is to try to figure out what D-West is going to do," Paul said. "He's like a brother to me. I've never played a season without him. So I'm trying to communicate with him as much as possible. ... When me and D-West talk, we talk about other things. He had a tough season with his injury, so that's what he's focused on right now. At the end of the day, he's going to do what's best for him and his family."

Read more: http://aol.sportingnews.com/nba/sto...lack-assets-doesnt-expect-trade#ixzz1fpBQNmFb

I think absolutely CP3 would sign an extension with both West and Chandler, on a contender with no bad contracts (except for perhaps West and Chandler, but CP3 doesn't think that way) in the city of Los Angeles. It'd be a done deal if Sterling wasn't involved.

Going to LAC without Blake just makes no sense. Him and Blake together can start out with the best young nucleus in the NBA (yes better than those 3 douchers in Miami). Him , Chandler and old man river West would put him right back to where he was a few years ago with NO. Very good but not good enough to compete with the big boys to get to the finals. If he goes to LAC he could get Tyson Chandler there with Blake and himself.

The guy who said 3 of the 4 expiring contracts is correct. As to why these one sided deals happen, its the economics of the league. CP3 has come out and said (like it or not ) that he will not resign in NO. Could you blame him? He is a player to build a franchise around and they pussy farted around and have done little to truly make them a contender. The best player he played with is David West , whom is a very good player but in todays NBA not the number 2 option to bring home championships. Add to the fact that west is now 31 coming off a major injury and he is less and less desirable. With that said, he at least is doing a decent thing letting the hornets know this so they can go out and at least get some kind of compensation for him as opposed to him dropping a bomb on them via free agency (see what mello did to Denver vs. what King James did to Cleveland). Not saying James shouldn't have left Cleveland but it seemed like he knew all along him and the other jackoffs clearly had this planned for a while. He could have given them the opportunity to try and get the most for LeBron, although it would have been highly unlikely that they would have dealt him due to the fact that they had the best overall record that year.

The clippers are building AROUND Blake Griffin not looking to potentially deal him to get another superstar. Blake Griffin will no how no way be included in any trade talks.

If he shows the improvement I believe he will, his mid range game, while not horrible, will be improved from last year where you will see him shooting in the 40% area from 10-18 feet range. Dwight has improved his mid range game but they are just different players. Dwight is an offensive rebound and put back machine who gets position down low for easy dunks. While Blake does that you will see him running the floor a whole lot more and his ball handling is fairly decent for a 6-10 man child.

TUA - I've read this and the post below. I agree most everything you've said except for this:

Your previous post about recreating the Hornets in '08 only being "very good but not good enough to get to the finals," They were one piece away from winning it all. They won 56 games (lost the top seed in the west the last game of the season), beat Dallas 4-1, and took the Spurs to 7, I watched 90% of their games that year, CP3 was the true MVP (Kobe got the lifetime achievment award). The Hornets starting SG was Morris Peterson (but Pargo got more minutes). 3 bench players got minutes in game 7 vs the spurs: their names were Jannero Pargo, Bonzi Wells and Melvin Ely.

Swap that with Gordon and a bench of Aminu, Foye, Gomes and Bellinelli and a year from now whatever the Minny pick results in and the Hornets win in no more than 5, and win no less than 65 games.

I order league pass every year, have insider and read everything about the NBA works. So I know the Clips are the most likely to get Paul and can build with them together, however I guess my post is more an "outside the box" attempt at how the NBA currently works.

I don't know what the odds of Paul to the Clips is in the next few weeks, 30-50% or maybe higher. I think they're the most likely destination, but I think given that and the other deals being floated around for Paul (Curry, Rondo, etc.) the Blake deal trumps all. If there's a chance in hell that Chris ISN'T going to the clips, I guess I'm saying I offer the Blake deal and am happy living with the lineup I proposed.

If the clips know they can 100% get Paul with the poo poo platter of Bledsoe Aminu and the minny pick, then sure I do that instead. If I think I'm only 25% to get him for that I think I go for what I proposed. Half the league is on the phone with Dell Demps trying to throw the kitchen sink at him, so if the best player I'm offering is Eric Bledsoe for Chris Paul, I don't know how confident I would be I'd get him with that offer when my owner is Donald Sterling and the team I'm employed by is named the Clippers. There could be 9 teams worse than Minnesota next year, so that pick isn't a lock either.

One can say that "no GM would ever trade blake" but I don't think there's a GM in the league that hasn't handed out an absolutely horrible contract in the past 5 years outside of maybe Presti and Kahn is in the pool, I don't think my suggestion would make a list of the worst 30 decisions NBA GM's have done in the past 3 years. Simmons doesn't call the NBA the "no balls association" for nothing. Most GM's do things that they know are bad ideas because straying from the norm threatens their job security. The reason we had a lockout is because GM's and teams have to protect themselves from doing the "normal NBA thinking", as a matter of fact. Over half the current Amnesty candidates are deals signed just last year, when everyone KNEW the league was in such bad shape there could be a lockout.

So I guess I was hoping for more of a discussion of "does this makes sense" over "would the clippers do this" since I know the answer to the latter question is already no. I think the answer to the former question should be yes, since your floor is being one of the best four teams in the league.

At the end of the day the best player you're offerring is Eric Bledsoe, your owner is Donald Sterling, and your team name is the clippers. Do you really want to roll the dice that the Hornets will accept your poo poo platter offer, or do you do the safe bet and offer them an offer they can't refuse and that guarantees you being no worse than the 3rd best team in the league. Because if it doesn't work, you're trotting out the same lineup as last year that didn't sniff the playoffs and likely overpaying some crappy free agent like Caron Butler or Josh McRoberts.

Last edited:
Yeah I've heard the stuff about him wanting to play with Chandler. In no way do I think it is a deal breaker for him or his #1 concern though.

I'm not a hornets fan I'm a CP3 fan, and order league pass just to watch him most nights. If he's telling teams to sign Tyson and then not going to join him, it might really question how much of a Prima donna CP3 is. The current report is "sign Tyson and you might have a better chance of me committing long term" sounds really really bad to me if that's acutally being said instead of "sign Tyson and I'll come."

I have the dudes jersey, but CP3 had a part in Marcus Thornton being traded for Landry. MT5 as an LSU product (not to mention that the guy is incredibly fun to watch) might well have been more beloved in NO than Chris, and I don't think that sat well with him. There was definitely a weird vibe in NO home games last year as they started Bellinelli while Monty kept MT5 on the bench and didn't play him much. Marcus is about to get $30M plus, was clearly better and a fan favorite. The fans kept cheering him louder and louder just to to make a point to the coaches, but he clashed with Monty and Chris. Most hornets fans were livid when Marcus was traded. Chris made quite a few demonstrative gestures towards Thornton last year.

Chris brought in Jarret Jack as well (the only time I've met Chris after wake was in Vegas, and who was he with, Jarret Jack)

Doing those two moves then asking out of NO after pretty much running the show would sour me a little bit, especially having a part in the NO fans missing out on Thornton. I genuinely feel that most NO fans would rather have MT5 than CP3 at this point. Its equivalent to how we all feel about Taron Downey.

Last edited:
Back