• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Chris Paul

Giving Wes a walk-on spot. I heard from guys on the team that Skip told Wes he had to tryout like everyone else for a walk-on spot. Its not too ridiculous given the fact the Millers are such big Wake supporters and I'm guessing Skip wanted to remain impartial.

That's ridiculous if true, especially considering some of the other walk-ons we had.

Talk in Dallas is that Cuban is quietly brewing trade offers for Paul with Deron Williams looking more and more like he will stay in Jersey.

Basically people are saying Cuban doesnt care about the fact that Paul has only one year left. He a) is in win now mode b) even if keeping Paul is slim, he knows that if he has Paul this year, he can offer him an extra 20-25 million over any other team in the new CBA next year

I dont think this will actually happen, but it makes me happy to think about it

Last edited:
CP3 to the Knicks could get Wake some games in MSG. Second option for me would be Clippers for selfish reasons.

In another thread I noted how the Lakers can't get CP3. I forgot all about Kahn.

From hornets board there's talks of a 3 teamer with LA, NO, and Minny or the Jazz. Presumably Minny and Jazz want Gasol, leaving the Lakers to do a Bynum for Gasol swap.

Derrick Williams, Beasley, Martell Webster, Randolph and Ridnour to NO, Ariza and Gasol to Minny, CP3 to Lakers.

Jazz trade involves Millsap and Jefferson but that makes no sense to me.

Williams is about as good of young talent or superstar potential that NO might get, and NO has a gaping hole at the 2 and 3 that Beasley and Webster fill, and get rid of Ariza contract in the process. Plus you take a flier on Randolph and Beasley maturing and getting it.

Supposedly GS won't trade Curry, so that's off the table.

Last edited:
which was?

Link

The Clippers' opening salvo was an offer that included Eric Gordon and restricted free agent DeAndre Jordan, with L.A. hoping that the prospect of playing with electrifying forward Blake Griffin and the big stage of Los Angeles would be enticing enough to Paul that he would eventually commit to the team long term.

well that link completely contradicts random guy from the Hornets board, eh? I think he was spot on for a few trades last year before the media outlets got a whiff, thats why I mentioned it.

AgentZiko •December 6, 2011 at 2:39 pm
JUST got word of what the deal would look like if Minnesota is involved instead of the Jazz:

MINNY GETS: Pau Gasol. Trevor Ariza

LAKERS GET: Chris Paul.

HORNETS GET: Derrick Williams. Michael Beasley. Anthony Randolph. Martell Webster. Luc Ridnour.

AgentZiko •December 6, 2011 at 2:59 pm
Clips will not give up both Gordon and Jordan. Only one. And as of now will not give up Gordon at all unless CP3 signs an extension.

GState is NOT interested in giving up Curry or Thompson. They are more focused on landing a starting Center, and Small forward and are looking to move Ellis and Beindrins to acquire that.

The best option is still CP3 for Bynum straight up. The Lakers are offering Pau for CP instead though, so they can move Bynum and Odom for Dwight.

If Hornets took Bynum for CP3, Lakers wont get Howard.

Other rumor:

Steph Curry NOT FOR SALE and along with Klay Thompson are the only untouchables on the roster.

Last edited:
I have heard other people say they wouldn't give up both so who knows? But once they put EG o the table they won't be able to take him off.

My preference:

1. Clippers
2. Mavericks
3. Warriors

Nobody else. If he goes to the Lakers or Knicks I wouldn't be able to root for his team to win a title. I'll root for him individually but as a hater of all things NY and LA I cannot in good conscience pull for either of those teams. Ever.

I have heard other people say they wouldn't give up both so who knows? But once they put EG o the table they won't be able to take him off.

I wonder if Chandler can cover for D. Lee enough to make the Warriors decent enough defensively for their fairly awesome offensive trio of Paul, Monte, D. Lee on the pick and roll and Dorrell Wright on the wings.

Seems a little too much like the Hornets teams of '08 though with West and Lee being interchangable. I suppose monte is an upgrade on the hornets craptacular 2 guard of Jannero Pargo, but Peja and Dorrell Wright should be identical.

I'd think he'd prefer to play with Blake, but he well may be leaving the Hornets cause they got rid of Chandler. Chandler and CP were really tight. If thats the case though, kinda shitty of him to have the Hornets pick up Jack and ship off Thornton in the past year alone

Bucher just tweeted EG was never on the table, and will never be on the table. I'm not getting alot done at work today.

Right on cue

RicBucher
Also: sources say Eric Gordon has not and will not be offered to NO for CP3. Minds change, as we know, but that's LAC's position right now.

I think this just shows nobody really knows that much.

My preference:

1. Clippers2. Mavericks
3. Warriors

Nobody else. If he goes to the Lakers or Knicks I wouldn't be able to root for his team to win a title. I'll root for him individually but as a hater of all things NY and LA I cannot in good conscience pull for either of those teams. Ever.

??

CP3 will not end up in Orlando. Lakers are a legit possibility. Boston has already offered Rondo for Paul, they obviously view CP3 as a much better player than Rondo (as does anyone with a brain), but CP won't sign an extension to stay in Boston so they'd only have him for one season. CP and D12 to the Clips is a very intriguing possibility too. Paul would like to play for the Knicks but the money part of it doesn't work as well for him, nor do the Knicks have nearly as much trade bait as either LA team. There's a decent chance CP has played his last game as a Hornet, a trade could happen before the season starts.

This is not just a CP3 thing but seriously, unless you are like Antoine Walker and spending every dime you make, taking less money to do what you want is not unrealistic. People act like making $18M per year versus $20M a year should really have an impact on a player's lifestyle or retirement.

Too bad Timmy D didn't chase money and championships during his career, it really didn't work out too well for him.

This is not just a CP3 thing but seriously, unless you are like Antoine Walker and spending every dime you make, taking less money to do what you want is not unrealistic. People act like making $18M per year versus $20M a year should really have an impact on a player's lifestyle or retirement.

Too bad Timmy D didn't chase money and championships during his career, it really didn't work out too well for him.

The knicks vs others difference is the difference between $100 million and like $60 million though. Timmy never gave that much up.

Back