• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Chris Paul

You do realize that exceptional high school basketball players go to college with the intent of making it to the NBA, right?

Yes, you go to the NBA after 4 years or 3 if you are smart like him and get a degree. There is no excuse for 2.

Yes, you go to the NBA after 4 years or 3 if you are smart like him and get a degree. There is no excuse for 2.

Anyone can get a degree any time they want to, but Chris only has a short period of time in which he can play pro basketball at the highest level.

Anyone can get a degree any time they want to, but Chris only has a short period of time in which he can play pro basketball at the highest level.

Leaving early tacked on another year to his career, worth millions of $$ to he and his family. And there have been multiple reports of Chris coming back to campus to keep taking classes...for all I know, he's graduated by now.

Seriously! You people are a bunch of commies, not accepting a legit opinion that differs from your own. Thanks for the negative reputation, really shows your true colors.

Seriously! You people are a bunch of commies, not accepting a legit opinion that differs from your own. Thanks for the negative reputation, really shows your true colors.

I'd suggest looking up the definition of communist.

Besides, you're the one who dared me to show your post was "false". You see the irony there, right?

As a sixer fan, I would like to see him play for NY so I can watch him more often. however, it would be awesome to see dwight, cp3 and kobe on the floor together.

You people realize that a lot of facts that are seemingly at odds with one another can actually co-exist and both be true....?

For example,

- Chris Paul left at the right time for his career and his ability - a statement made obvious by his immediate success at the NBA level.

- Chris Paul leaving when he did totally screwed our program.

Both of these facts are true. The one and only problem with CP leaving when he did is that everything he said and did from his signing through about halfway through his second year indicated that he was here for 3 years. That probably made the coaches a little too comfortable from a recruiting standpoint and made it very difficult to recruit a top level replacement until too late.

None of this is debateable.

CP is a stud and a wonderful ambassador for our school and the community. That is also an undebateable fact...

CP3 will not end up in Orlando. Lakers are a legit possibility. Boston has already offered Rondo for Paul, they obviously view CP3 as a much better player than Rondo (as does anyone with a brain), but CP won't sign an extension to stay in Boston so they'd only have him for one season. CP and D12 to the Clips is a very intriguing possibility too. Paul would like to play for the Knicks but the money part of it doesn't work as well for him, nor do the Knicks have nearly as much trade bait as either LA team. There's a decent chance CP has played his last game as a Hornet, a trade could happen before the season starts.

What is the irony here again?

You mean besides daring someone to show how your own "opinion" is false and then accusing others of being unwilling to accept differing opinions? Facepalm

I don't follow the NBA enough, but isn't Paul somewhat injury prone? Would this scare teams away from giving him a long-term deal?

I don't follow the NBA enough, but isn't Paul somewhat injury prone? Would this scare teams away from giving him a long-term deal?

That was a big question mark going into last year. A lot of people thought he was damaged goods, like Kevin Garnett. But, that obviously wasn't the case, and he came back with a strong season.

Back