• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Christmas/Holiday Music

My unassailable Top Five Christmas songs

Silent Night
O Holy Night
The Christmas Song
Have Yourself A Merry Little Christmas
Christmas (Baby Please Come Home)

Was thinking today after having Alexa play Christmas hits - what is the most recent original song you accept as a real Christmas song and not just some lame cash grab? I think I’d say Underneath the Tree - Kelly Clarkson

This is the worst one. We first heard it during a drive through lights thing a few years ago that had a synchronized fm station.

My unassailable Top Five Christmas songs

Silent Night
O Holy Night
The Christmas Song
Have Yourself A Merry Little Christmas
Christmas (Baby Please Come Home)

Was thinking today after having Alexa play Christmas hits - what is the most recent original song you accept as a real Christmas song and not just some lame cash grab? I think I’d say Underneath the Tree - Kelly Clarkson

this, or You Make It Feel Like Christmas. Honorable mention to Train, Jonas Brothers and Sia

There is only one answer to the best Christmas song. If for nothing else than it contains this Board's favorite saxophone solo.

Worst goes to the Kelly Clarkson song where I don't think she takes one breath the entire second half of the song.

The Eagles version of Please Come Home for Christmas sounds identical to Oh Darling

The original Please Come Home for Christmas sounds somewhat similar (and predates The Beatles)

when santa visits his paisans
with dominic he'll be
because the reindeer cannot climb
the hills of it-al-leee

The proper time to begin listening to Christmas music is the day after Thanksgiving. Never before. And even then you should only listen to it sparingly. Around the middle of December, it's fine to listen to nothing but Christmas music.

Back