• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Christmas/Holiday Music

Christmas Cookies - George Strait
Hark the Herold Angels Sing - Drew Holcomb's version
Silent Night - Christopher Williams' version that uses the melody of Christ the Lord is Risen Today
God Rest Ye Merry Gentlemen - BNL/Sarah McLaughlin
All that I want - the Weepies
"Come On! Let's Boogie to the Elf Dance" and "Hey Guys! It's Christmas Time!" - Sufjan Stevens
Bizarre Christmas Incident - Ben Folds Five

We had this exact discussion last year on the chat thread: https://ogboards.com/threads/ctxxxiii-weird-goodbyes.33690/page-8

Christmas Cookies - George Strait
Hark the Herold Angels Sing - Drew Holcomb's version
Silent Night - Christopher Williams' version that uses the melody of Christ the Lord is Risen Today
God Rest Ye Merry Gentlemen - BNL/Sarah McLaughlin
All that I want - the Weepies
"Come On! Let's Boogie to the Elf Dance" and "Hey Guys! It's Christmas Time!" - Sufjan Stevens
Bizarre Christmas Incident - Ben Folds Five

We had this exact discussion last year on the chat thread: https://ogboards.com/threads/ctxxxiii-weird-goodbyes.33690/page-8
Yes!

I'm sure all of you know that the original "Silent Night" was written in German ("Stille Nacht") and the original music was for solo acoustic guitar.

There are 6 verses in the original German version. Only verses 1,2 and 6 are commonly translated and used in English renditions.

I'm sure all of you know that the original "Silent Night" was written in German ("Stille Nacht") and the original music was for solo acoustic guitar.

the original was sad german soldiers on the western front singing it in cold wet trenches

the original was sad german soldiers on the western front singing it in cold wet trenches
Nope.

That event in 1914 was almost the centennial of the 1818 writing of the song by Joseph Mohr. Franz Gruber wrote the melody for guitar because the church organ n St Nicholas Church in Obendorf, Austria, had been flooded and was not usable.

This is uh hilariously silly. Respect new xmas yam creation and the synth is great:

Is this the most underrated Christmas song? (My Morning Jacket and GOOSE also have really great versions out there).

Back