• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Chuck Norris = huge douche

So your panties are in a wad because you aren't going to get to watch a bunch of oiled-up roided-up actors say "fuck" while they pretend to be badasses because the only guy in the movie that has actually kicked ass for a living wants to tone down the language?

I think the point is more to his hypocrisy in coming off as a "badass" and perpetrating numerous graphically violent movies and yet having a problem with naughty words. What actual badass gives a fuck about "fuck?"

It's a pretty clear embrace of the right-wing family establishment in which kicking ass is okay, but not using adult language.

I think the point is more to his hypocrisy in coming off as a "badass" and perpetrating numerous graphically violent movies and yet having a problem with naughty words. What actual badass gives a fuck about "fuck?"

It's a pretty clear embrace of the right-wing family establishment in which kicking ass is okay, but not using adult language.

I think subsequent posts make that point, which is a valid debate I don't read that into the OP at all, though. The OP doesn't call him a hypocrite, it calls him a pussy.

I think subsequent posts make that point, which is a valid debate I don't read that into the OP at all, though. The OP doesn't call him a hypocrite, it calls him a pussy.

He's a hypocrite by way of being a pussy. We are supposed to get this macho vibe out of him, where he is all about kicking ass, but he has a problem with a few curse words? And by way of having them tone the movie down to a PG-13, he is also eliminating the violence which was the only redeeming factor of the first one. The hypocrisy is inherent in his problems with language, all the while embracing kicking the shit out of someone, but yeah I didn't point that out in my opening post.

i mean, the swearing in the movies of the 80s was nowhere near the levels of the first Expendables. at some point it just becomes superfluous. All i remember from that movie were the ridiculous explosions. and rolling my eyes

There were only 6 f words in the first one.

Sly Stallone should hire Jon Abbate to take Chuck Norris's place.

John McClaine not being able to say "fuck" in Die Hard 4 was a travesty.

This is not.

John McClaine not being able to say "fuck" in Die Hard 4 was a travesty.

This is not.

Eh, it's the same principle. This was supposed to be a series designed to bring the R rated action movie back. Not saying it's a travesty, cause the first one was at best a guilty pleasure, but it's pretty ridiculous.

Back