• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Church hires sex offender because God "forgave" him - he proceeds to rape teenage boy

Good lord, really? I could meet with a supermodel and not be tempted because I am a grown man in control of myself. And if wrongly accused I would demand a lie detector and if they still took me to trial I would take the stand and defend myself. That risk is worth it to carry on my life without having to have witnesses every time I am around a woman.

just so you know W&B a lie detector is more about coercing people; the results are actually unreliable and unscientific. Lie detector itself is a big lie. If it was rly that simple there'd be one right beside the witness stand.

Also, after you beat the charge (at a large monetary and mental expense btw) you'll enjoy being asked about it (and presumed guilty by upper classes) for the rest of your life. Also some "crimes" aren't allowed to be expunged in this state even with an NG verdict.

So yeah, the charge itself will fuck you over even though no crime occurred. seen it firsthand.

btw i've heard a LEO say to me that lying to a cop was illegal. I simply said: so you're lying about lying? He didn't have much to say.

Irony.

Hipocracy.

Doesn't really matter re: the lie detector. Those sorts of accusations can destroy a pastoral career. I knew an outstanding priest who was meeting with a woman who has some personality disorders/issues and she didn't like him. She went into his office one day, talked about a bunch of random/meaningless stuff for a few minutes, and then stormed out shouting "how dare you ask me to do that!" Next thing you know, he was trying to head off the storm that he knew was coming. He ended up okay, but it really pained him and caused temporary issues.

exactly..never underestimate an unstable woman on the warpath who knows how to use the legal system as her personal weapon. you cannot stop someone for making accusations, and the police (and public opinion) will move on mere accusations from a single person.

Last edited:
so women own me and at any moment can trash my life and I have no recourse, so I must never be alone with them, or their children.

ok got it thanks

Ill take my chances and live my life how I want. I'll check in here when Im 80 and let you know how it went. Hope that church thing works out for you guys, sounds pretty sketchy there.

Last edited:
I will make it to 80 without being accused of anything because I will do the right thing. Your post is a perfect example of the paranoia I described.

I understand the lie detector, but I also understand that if you are accused of a crime you have not commited with no physical evidence and the case against you is purely circumstantial and based on her statement, and you pass a police/FBI lie detector, they are far less likely to proceed with prosecution because the case is so weak. Would you prosecute that case, lawyers?

I conceded that preachers have to take precautions because they are easy targets, and that it was a sad commentary and the lawyers are winning. What does it say when you have to bring in your witnesses and alibis before a crime has even been accused? But some of you sound like you walk around in fear constantly. I love my situation more and more the more I read you people post. You people are carrying guns to church and everywhere else, calling your wives in when a woman is around, scared of everything. Did y'all learn that at Wake?

Last edited:
I will make it to 80 without being accused of anything because I will do the right thing. Your post is a perfect example of the paranoia I described.

I understand the lie detector, but I also understand that if you are accused of a crime you have not commited with no physical evidence and the case against you is purely circumstantial and based on her statement, and you pass a police/FBI lie detector, they are far less likely to proceed with prosecution because the case is so weak. Would you prosecute that case, lawyers?

I conceded that preachers have to take precautions because they are easy targets, and that it was a sad commentary and the lawyers are winning. What does it say when you have to bring in your witnesses and alibis before a crime has even been accused? But some of you sound like you walk around in fear constantly. I love my situation more and more the more I read you people post. You people are carrying guns to church and everywhere else, calling your wives in when a woman is around, scared of everything. Did y'all learn that at Wake?

This May shock you Bake but some of us wear sets belts as well. I even look twice before crossing the street. Crazy. Even worse I have life insurance! It is a life full of fear! I can barely wake up each morning to enjoy it.

This is getting a little silly. A religious leader is special job where the conversations may cover intensely personal topics, and trust is extremely important. It is perfectly reasonable to take measures to protect one’s reputation and ensure there isn’t even a question of impropriety.

That doesn’t mean that the average person working an office job needs to do the same. (Though you are free to do so if it makes you feel safer.)

80 you??? Well if Keith Richards can make it to almost 70, I guess you have a shot.

I had a Sunday morning hero put a soccer cleat through my abdominal wall last summer. The initial Dr. (female) had to bring in a nurse (female) to observe her "assessment" b/c my junk was out.

I had a Sunday morning hero put a soccer cleat through my abdominal wall last summer. The initial Dr. (female) had to bring in a nurse (female) to observe her "assessment" b/c my junk was out.

They wanted to laugh about something on their lunch break.

Yeah I had a female doctor the last time I was in Winston for a physical and she asked if I needed another adult in the room for the hernia check. I was like - I don't think so do you need one?

Yeah I had a female doctor the last time I was in Winston for a physical and she asked if I needed another adult in the room for the hernia check. I was like - I don't think so do you need one?

Should have said "Actually there was a hot pharma rep in the waiting room. Can you get her?"

We're required to have a chaperone on any exam involving "sensitive" areas if the provider and patient are different sexes. If the same sex, then we must offer a chaperone, but the patient may decline.

Back