• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Cicadas

Same here. 27106. Nada. But a co-worker who lives in Lewisville says they are all over the place.

I ran a 5K at Stony Knoll Vineyard in Surry County last Saturday & they were REALLY loud. A big contrast from my home in 27106.

I think I saw one dead on the sidewalk the other day, other than that, none.

My parents have them really had. At first my mom said she thought that a semi had broken down and was idling at the end of our driveway.

Our dog ate one and shat all over the house.

The Dairy Godmother in Del Ray had local wild Cicada Frozen Custard last week - so they must be nearby.

Apparently they are heavy out in Loudon county. I haven't seen/heard many in Alexandria. Its all about where the brood thrived the last time around. I know 2004 was epic here, so 2021 will be bad.

Fireflies are out now though.

A neighborhood less than a mile from us has been covered up in them but not a single chirp at our house. Weird.

In Charlotte and haven't seen a single one. . .

In Charlotte and haven't seen a single one. . .

You shouldn't.

http://www.cicadamania.com/pictures/main.php?g2_itemId=3618
main.php

Back