• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Citadel HC

I bet he and Gene Sapakoff will get along great.

Both wear the same kind of ties.

Next news will be an announcement that Wellman is retiring to Charleston. Will be time for me to depart if that happens.

well, Bzz did say he didn't like college basketball

Oh man, you're not going to believe this, but The Citadel's AD came from the University of Colorado. It's true, I swear.

"While I was very appreciative of the Citadel's generous offer,after my experiences at Wake Forest I determined that it would not be wise to accept the position at a school that actually has tanks and weapons available on campus."

He would probably do ok there. He did well at Air Force and could recruit the same level players he brought to WFU

He walked into a great situation at Air Force, which was at the high point in its basketball program history. Citadel isn't exactly in the same situation

Bzzz didn't recruit anybody to Air Force. He parlayed and experienced line-up into a Big 12 job and AF was winless in the MWC two years later.

I can't think of a worse match for the level moton than the citadel. And I can't think of a worse match for the citadel than Bztanic

That said, similar no-depth thinking is why we wound up with the Bzaster

Oh man, you're not going to believe this, but The Citadel's AD came from the University of Colorado. It's true, I swear.

do they need an associate ad? maybe an ad emeritus. i have one i'd like to move...

"While I was very appreciative of the Citadel's generous offer,after my experiences at Wake Forest I determined that it would not be wise to accept the position at a school that actually has tanks and weapons available on campus."

So, the Citadel also was looking for [ ] to blow up their program as well??:confused:

Guess misery really does love company....

This would actually be a decent gig for Lutz.

The Citadel actually does have a history with NCSU with Les Robinson as its former coach and later AD.

I suspect he "lost interest" after it was reported he was a finalist and the idea was blasted by every single person that heard the report.

I suspect he "lost interest" after it was reported he was a finalist and the idea was blasted by every single person that heard the report.

And hopefully he's learned he's not a college basketball head coach, even if it's too late to save our souls

Back