• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Citadel HC

But only Robinson is their all-time winningest coach.

They should use that as a selling point to [Redacted].

Probably the worst D-1 program of any of the 100+ original D-1 schools. No Citadel coach has left that program with a winning record since 1960.

I don't believe Citadel has ever made the NCAA tourney. Joining Bill & Mary and Northwestern on this prestigious list.

Some good comments on the Blogger So Dear Facebook article posted. Some guy claiming he has been part of the program for 15 years and we were about to get in trouble with the NCAA. Even said Tony Chennault had an alcohol problem.

Last edited:
Some good comments on the Blogger So Dear Facebook article posted. Some guy claiming he has been part of the program for 15 years and we were about to get in trouble with the NCAA. Even said Tony Chennault had an alcohol problem.

I'd be interested to read that. The same guy, presumably, has posted that on the other boards before. I'm not sure how we could be about to get in trouble but firing Dino would wash the slate clean. Not to mention why Wellman would be not only blameless but made Chairman of the Selection Committee a few years later.

I'd be interested to read that. The same guy, presumably, has posted that on the other boards before. I'm not sure how we could be about to get in trouble but firing Dino would wash the slate clean. Not to mention why Wellman would be not only blameless but made Chairman of the Selection Committee a few years later.

a few of his gems:

"First of all, he is way better as a pro assistant than he ever will be running his own show. Second of all, he was not brought him to win. He was bought in to clean up the mess left by Gaudio and keep us from getting sanctions. Third of all, if he had anything above the personality of a wet carpet, we would have been far better accepting of him."

"Gaudio is no longer a coach because no one will offer him a job, not even an assistant position.
And bad elements...stewart, walker, wood, chennault, tabb... I could keep going, but I think 5 proves a point. He brought in guys of lesser character, and most certainly drew the ire of the NCAA. With our athletic director being such a high priority and public figure in the NCAA, this would have been a complete embarrassment all the way around. But I disagree on one more point, he was a good game coach. He had a very brash and insulting way towards his players and would start to lose the team towards the end of the season as the pressure mounted from game to game. I know this because I went to and graduated from Wake Forest, and am/were friends with these players and their families, and continue to be involved in the program to this day."

a few of his gems:

"First of all, he is way better as a pro assistant than he ever will be running his own show. Second of all, he was not brought him to win. He was bought in to clean up the mess left by Gaudio and keep us from getting sanctions. Third of all, if he had anything above the personality of a wet carpet, we would have been far better accepting of him."

"Gaudio is no longer a coach because no one will offer him a job, not even an assistant position.
And bad elements...stewart, walker, wood, chennault, tabb... I could keep going, but I think 5 proves a point. He brought in guys of lesser character, and most certainly drew the ire of the NCAA. With our athletic director being such a high priority and public figure in the NCAA, this would have been a complete embarrassment all the way around. But I disagree on one more point, he was a good game coach. He had a very brash and insulting way towards his players and would start to lose the team towards the end of the season as the pressure mounted from game to game. I know this because I went to and graduated from Wake Forest, and am/were friends with these players and their families, and continue to be involved in the program to this day."

Has the NCAA ever sanctioned a school for students committing petty crimes? Everything I recall involves alleged malfeasance on the coaching-or-higher end. I guess he's claiming we'd be on the hook for not reporting weed violations?

a few of his gems:

"First of all, he is way better as a pro assistant than he ever will be running his own show.

Hard to doubt this one, given what we saw here.

Second of all, he was not brought him to win. He was bought in to clean up the mess left by Gaudio and keep us from getting sanctions. Third of all, if he had anything above the personality of a wet carpet, we would have been far better accepting of him."

The problem with this premise is that the two aren't mutually exclusive. It may explain some initial trouble, it doesn't explain betting everything on one class. Baylor was sanctioned because a coach was caught covering his recruiting malfeasance by slandering a murdered player (who was killed by another player), and they still made the NCAAs in Year 5. Whatever our problems were, they sure as hell weren't worse than that.

I can't imagine that "guys of lesser character," if at all true, would create even a ripple in the NCAA as I suspect that there are many programs with some guys of much less character than the players we had on the bball team at the time.

His reply about Ty Walker being on the team, even though he himself said he was "bad element".

"Forgive me, I did not address one other.. You asked why Walker was still a wild on the team? It is because he would get in trouble, get punished, work hard, get back in good graces, and get in trouble again. He was given a bunch of chances, and the rest was the final straw. He was a good fellow, but had a bit of an anger problem, as some young men do."

This guy has never spent a day inside the basketball program, nor does he have any inside knowledge. His comments range from completely false to complete speculation.

So the smear campaign picks up steam again after Dino's criticism? Got it

Does RJ have a son?

"Other words, you have to have a public news story, in order to believe it? You can't take for fact someone that has been around and a part of the program for over 15 years (and yes i am. Not some hanger on, but really a friend to many of these guys both past and present, and their awesome families) telling you there is more going on behind the scenes then you will ever realize? I expect better from Wake Forest fans, and up to this point we were having a civil and lively debate. I can see now, you were content to call people names when they disagree with you, I gather you never read the article I provided as a type of summation, and this is a microcosm of part of the problem of Wake Forest. One would expect such nonsense from a fan of unc perhaps, I bear you no ill will at all, encourage you to support the program as you see fit, and bid you good day on this subject. Go Wake."

Walker & Woods were Skip's recruits not Dino's.

And The Citadel hires Duggar Baucom. Duggar was 151-159 at VMI. :tard:

Back