• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

City in Decline?

if you make a decent living, pretty much most american cities can be nice to live in imo

come on now, the internet is no place for rational thoughts. get the fuck out of here with that nonsense

UNC-C doesn't offer a minor in Motorsports Engineering. It's a a concentration offered in the Mechanical Engineering department.

Wo Wo Woah Kemosabe. No one here ever suggested that anyone from UNCC would ever be let under the hood of a NASCAR. That's for the super smart uppity folks from Queens College. Go Niner's minor is strictly pit crew studies. I can't remember if he told me whether his concertration was jack managament or tire pressure, though. Admittedly, his major in English is a little suspect as well.

Not sure who outside of Outkast would identify Atlanta as being "important" in any way, shape, or form.

Four (4) Fortune 500 companies call it home and think its fairly important. The bros that run those probably have a bit of an edge on you (although your gameday tutus and leggings are probably cuter). The only Fortune 100 company in the township of Charlotte would have been taken out with the trash a few years ago save for the help of Barry Obammy.

Four (4) Fortune 500 companies call it home and think its fairly important. The bros that run those probably have a bit of an edge on you (although your gameday tutus and leggings are probably cuter). The only Fortune 100 company in the township of Charlotte would have been taken out with the trash a few years ago save for the help of Barry Obammy.

I don't live in Charlotte.

Yeah, or they could have just taken the whole world's economy down with them. That's some Charlotte power.

And Charlotte is the home to the headquarters of eight (8) Fortune 500 companies.

And Chiquita at #508 is close to being a ninth.

Last edited:
Yeah, or they could have just taken the whole world's economy down with them. That's some Charlotte power.

And Charlotte is the home to the headquarters of eight (8) Fortune 500 companies.

And Chiquita at #508 is close to being a ninth.

Fitting, since Chiquita, much like CLT, has always been a Second Banana.

Charlotte peeps didn't bring up economic might as a differentiator. And honestly, it only goes so far. Charlotte's done well in the past ten years in its efforts to diversify its economy beyond finance and banking and solidify its position as an energy hub. The city is also expanding its intermodal shipping capabilities with good access to the three major east coast seaports.

I don't post much at all, but this debate seems a little ridiculous. Like debating if Wake or Duke has the better overall football program, the answer is neither. I see two cities trying to be something they aren't. Neither of these places will ever be as good as New York, Boston, Miami, LA, or the likes and in my opinion they're worse for trying to be. ATL gets a slight edge, but if we're really being honest with ourselves can't we come to the conclusion that they both suck? Not to say that they're terrible places to live, but outside of pro sports I can't think of one thing you could do in Atlanta or Charlotte that I can't come close to duplicating here in Winston.

College sports? Check. Arts and culture? Check. Decent live music? Check. Fine Dining? Check. Museums? Check. Dive bars/greasy spoons? Check. Airports? Half check. Proximity to a multitude of outdoor recreational opportunities, wilderness or otherwise? Check.

That leaves two things I can't check off the list, pro sports and traffic jams. Y'all can have 'em.

I'm pretty sure we've established the fact that W-S fine dining leaves much to be desired. The best thing about W-S is that it benefits from its proximity to Charlotte.

Back