• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

CJ gets 3rd team all ACC (McKie HM)

Rivers got the first team nod for being the best player on Duke's team.

Barnes got the nod over Marshall because of his preseason media hype.

fyi, here are Rivers and Barnes conference stats

Rivers: 44.6% FG, 36.0% 3-PT, 59% FT, 15.6 PPG, 3.8 RPG, 2.0 APG, 1.0 SPG, 2.3 TOPG
Barnes: 43.2% FG, 33.9% 3-PT, 74% FT, 17.6 PPG, 5.4 RPG, 0.9 APG, 1.1 SPG, 1.8 TOPG

Rivers only has 2 APG?

I also said on the other thread that CJ is better than Rivers, at least as indicated by every stat I thought to look up.

I'd switch CJ and Erick Green. He's equal or better in every single category except for turnovers. Anyone explain the rationale behind that choice?

I'd switch CJ and Erick Green. He's equal or better in every single category except for turnovers. Anyone explain the rationale behind that choice?

I didn't even see that. At least Stoglin has more points (PPG).

Last edited:
No way has Barnes played well enough to garner a first team selection

Rivers is the second worst offensive player on Duke according to KenPom, in front of only Josh Hairston.

Caulton Tudor ‏
M-Scott was my 1st pick on 2nd team all-ACC. He was just average in 2 games that mattered most -- v. NC. He had foul trouble but still.

What a dick.

Tudor is an idiot... Mike Scott is a fucking load.

Although the [Redacted] era has caused enough apathy that I don't know enough to really argue much of these teams.

He's the leading scorer on the best team in the league. Yeah. He's shit. Whatever.

Barnes hasn't played well enough. Like I said, he's statistically been the 4th best player on his own team this year behind Marshall, Zeller, and Henson. Barnes might deserve it over Rivers, but like I said the best player on Duke's 26-5 team was always going to make the first team

Caulton Tudor ‏
M-Scott was my 1st pick on 2nd team all-ACC. He was just average in 2 games that mattered most -- v. NC. He had foul trouble but still.

What a dick.

And an idiot.

Did he say who he put above in his place on the first team?

I didn't even see that. At least Stoglin has more points (PPG).

here's the numbers, FWIW

Green: 15.3 PPG, 44.3 FG%, 37.5 3P%, 80.0 FT%, 3.2 REB, 2.8 AST, 1.5 TO
Harris: 16.8 PPG, 47.9 FG%, 43.2 3P%, 85.6 FT%, 3.1 REB, 2.5 AST, 2.4 TO

He's the leading scorer on the best team in the league. Yeah. He's shit. Whatever.

And if there is anything about basketball that we can say with certainty, it's that points are the only thing that matters. Not field goal percentage, not rebounding, not defense, not assist to turnover ratio... Didn't say he was a shitty player. I said his performance during the 2011/12 season wasn't one of the five best in the conference. I'd like to hear you defend your position with any other evidence you might have, unless the only thing you can point to is his ppg.

Absolutely, CJ was punished for having bad teammates and being unselfish.

Ugh.

No, he wasn't. Typical LOWF. He was relegated to the third team for not finishing strong and falling into a slump (for the above reasons, but not exclusively) against ACC competition.

Furthermore, when you're complaining that Erick Green took CJ's spot on the ACC 2nd team vs. 3rd team on a team that couldn't even win a final winnable game for an ACC bid (that would prove to the fan-base that they're maybe turning the ship around), then I think we're barking up the wrong tree as a fan-base.

Back