• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

CJ Harris signs with the Denver Nuggets, will play for their summer league team

Justin Gray got Hornets camp invites the first few years CP3 was there and still stuck in Europe

he needs to go to europe asap

CJ had a couple of workouts for the Nuggets and was able to impress them, thus leading to this offer to play for their summer league team. Of course it is a long-shot, but he earned the opportunity through a tremendous amount of hard work. Unfortunately, there is a very real downside. The better foreign teams are filling their rosters now, and he has a legit shot to make one of those. He could chase the NBA dream, miss out on one of the better overseas roster spots, and settle for a lesser option. Once you sign in a weaker league, it is tough to shake that label. CJ recognizes the risk, and I hope he can find something that makes him happy. He deserves it.

he needs to go to europe asap

This.

For as great as a camp invite is, he'll be making $400k in the absolute best case scenario. Teams in Italy and France actually like him a lot, so it would be ridiculous if his agent isn't trying to coax him overseas while there is money to be made.

The Nuggets are also stacked at PG, including Erick Green, who they traded for on draft night. Green is likely a third PG, in his best case scenario, playing behind Ty Lawson and Andre Miller.

Fortunately he has Childress around to fill him in on european basketball so he can make an informed decision.

Some dude on my Twitter timeline said he texted with CJ earlier and he isn't in the rotation tonight. Not a big surprise. We'll see if that turns out to be the case. No idea how reliable the information is.

Some dude on my Twitter timeline said he texted with CJ earlier and he isn't in the rotation tonight. Not a big surprise. We'll see if that turns out to be the case. No idea how reliable the information is.

Well, that can't be good.

The way a lot of summer league teams work is that 5-6 guys are the "core" of the team and play every game. These are usually the most recent draft picks, along with 2nd and 3rd year players (and Sundiata Gaines, who is still out there for some reason). Then there are two groups of ~5 players who alternate games. I talked with CJ after the game and he's playing Monday.

Even though CJ didn't play, still cool seeing him and Ish out there together. Ish had a nasty breakaway dunk to start the game.

It doesn't sound like CJ had/has much of a chance of getting a Nuggets camp invite but he's done a very nice job in the limited minutes he's gotten so far. Very efficient scoring and he's done a good job of creating for teammates, even if they haven't always finished.

I think he may have just gone down with some sort of hand injury, though.

Last edited:
It doesn't sound like CJ had/has much of a chance of getting a Nuggets camp invite but he's done a very nice job in the limited minutes he's gotten so far. Very efficient scoring and he's done a good job of creating for teammates, even if they haven't always finished.

I think he may have just gone down with some sort of hand injury, though.

The injury must not have been serious. He's back in and just hit a 3.

I was in LV this past weekend and went to watch CJ on Monday. He barely played even though he looked decent during his time on the floor, hit an open J and was active on defense, for whatever defense is worth in a summer league game.

Maybe this makes me a weird fan, but Ish is my favorite Wake player and I think I respect CJ Harris more than any other Wake player not named Taron Downey. That dude stuck with us through some pretty bad times.

I feel worse for Travis McKie than anyone else in Wake basketball history. CJ at least had one fun year of experience and he is from Winston so it would have been harder for him to leave. Travis has no ties to the area and his team has been awful every year.

I don't get why everybody feels so sorry for Travis, he is not that good- just one of our average recruits and people make out like he's got it so hard. He's getting a free education for being average- not too bad of a deal.

I don't get why everybody feels so sorry for Travis, he is not that good- just one of our average recruits and people make out like he's got it so hard. He's getting a free education for being average- not too bad of a deal.

While he's obviously not the most fluid or skilled basketball player, he's certainly not an average recruit. He has averaged 14 points and 7 boards during the first 3 years of his career. That's hard to do. Being on bad teams helps his numbers a little, but he gets it done out there.

I feel bad for just about anybody that has had to endure [Redacted] for 3 years.

Back