• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

CJ Harris signs with the Denver Nuggets, will play for their summer league team

While he's obviously not the most fluid or skilled basketball player, he's certainly not an average recruit. He has averaged 14 points and 7 boards during the first 3 years of his career. That's hard to do. Being on bad teams helps his numbers a little, but he gets it done out there.

I sympathize extra with CJ though because I feel like he got better despite the circumstances.

I love Travis, but he's pretty much the same player he was the first day he stepped on the court for WF.

I sympathize extra with CJ though because I feel like he got better despite the circumstances.

I love Travis, but he's pretty much the same player he was the first day he stepped on the court for WF.

I feel sorry Travis hasn't had good coaching to help him develop.

It's clear that Travis should have transferred. He will now go down as the most losing-est player in Wake Forest History. He got [Redacted]'d hard!

I would love for him to throw Ron and Buzz under the bus at the end of the season.

Travis just doesn't have the physical attributes to succeed in the NBA. What did you expect him to develop, other than a better jump shot?

He could do better with his decision-making, but he's too slow laterally and too small vertically to defend anyone at the college level, let alone a professional level.

Jump shot, handle, decision making.

I don't mean to be hating on him at all. He's been a warrior for giving his all while a shit show has been going on around him.

Jump shot, handle, decision making.

I don't mean to be hating on him at all. He's been a warrior for giving his all while a shit show has been going on around him.

Oh I agree. I'm just not sure he'd be demonstrably better with more or different coaching. He came in as a freshman as a fairly polished player. Since then, he's stayed just as polished but without any physical transformations or skill gains. His body was always going to limit him. I'm disappointed that he still likes to jack jump shots with poor skill, but I'm not sure who to blame - the coaches or him. Other players have certainly figured things out with the current staff.

Which other players?

Which other players?

Devin grew a ton in like 10 games. You can say it was all him but he was a foul machine in high school. Not so much in college. Usually it is the opposite.

We'll see next year. For me cav is the canary in a coal mine. He works hard has a lot of room for improvement and also obvious limitations. If the staff can't balance those three things that is a huge red flag

We were talking about a player's growth after their freshman year.

And to be fair, Devin came in ready to roll. He was a stud from day 1. And I don't know what constitutes a foul machine, but he averaged 3 or more fouls a game for 1/3 of the games. I don't see that how relates to him being coached up, regardless.

And to be fair, Devin came in ready to roll. He was a stud from day 1. And I don't know what constitutes a foul machine, but he averaged 3 or more fouls a game for 1/3 of the games. I don't see that how relates to him being coached up, regardless.

Devin struggled big time the first 10 games, both offensively and defensively. I think everyone here will back that up. And I believe he fouled out of a ton of high school games or had to play limited minutes in a lot of high school games. I think he fouled out of one game last year?

Anyway, my point is that he showed marked improvement from game 1 to game 11.

I can't be the only one that's bothered by Travis' "predicament". All the experts on here claim that he's only still at Wake because the coaching staff his told him he can play the 3. Which we can all agree is the position at which his only shot of being a professional exists.

However in Bzzz's offense he is far more suited to play the 4. We all know it. He should of been encouraged to put on a little weight and started focusing on the paint. He has tremendous instincts as a rebounded and with a little more bulk could be a James Johnson type player. But no, because his only chance of making it in the pros is as a 3, we have to watch him jack up a shit ton of terrible three pointers and sit in the corner on most offensive sets.

Its pretty much why I'll never be able to love him, even if he's the nicest guy on the planet. Which man of y'all have claimed.

We were talking about a player's growth after their freshman year.

CJ grew a ton from 3point spot shooter as a freshman to the do it all high usage player he became at the end of his career

I can't be the only one that's bothered by Travis' "predicament". All the experts on here claim that he's only still at Wake because the coaching staff his told him he can play the 3. Which we can all agree is the position at which his only shot of being a professional exists.

However in Bzzz's offense he is far more suited to play the 4. We all know it. He should of been encouraged to put on a little weight and started focusing on the paint. He has tremendous instincts as a rebounded and with a little more bulk could be a James Johnson type player. But no, because his only chance of making it in the pros is as a 3, we have to watch him jack up a shit ton of terrible three pointers and sit in the corner on most offensive sets.

Its pretty much why I'll never be able to love him, even if he's the nicest guy on the planet. Which man of y'all have claimed.

I don't think his future was ever at the 4. He's only 6'7" and that's if we're being generous. He certainly could have worked on his back to the basket game and battling down low, but I think the first concern was his jump shooting because he's not going to be backing down guys who are 6'9" on a regular basis in the ACC.

I don't think his future was ever at the 4. He's only 6'7" and that's if we're being generous. He certainly could have worked on his back to the basket game and battling down low, but I think the first concern was his jump shooting because he's not going to be backing down guys who are 6'9" on a regular basis in the ACC.

Curious to see what his actual height is in a year. I'm thinking 6'5".

James Johnson is an NBA 3 which is why he is currently without a job. That and whatever caused him to miss a month at the end of the season ...

Back