• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

CJ probable against GT?

Nobody who knows anything will comment. BTW, are you aware that the AD recently set up a "strategic communication" person with the responsibility to track down info leaks? I guess Nev from Catfish wasnt available.

Glad they are spending time on the important things.

Nobody who knows anything will comment. BTW, are you aware that the AD recently set up a "strategic communication" person with the responsibility to track down info leaks? I guess Nev from Catfish wasnt available.

At least the Department has its priorities straight. Who needs nationally competitive revenue sports programs? Gotta get that info leak straight.

I hope CJ's eye is OK. Who was that poor kid who we recruited who went to ND, then had a serious eye injury? That was horrible, but I guess if there was any concern about CJ's long term future, that would be out there vs conflicting info regarding whether he was playing Sat or not.

What kind of info leaks have there even been lately? Things have basically been shut down since Dino left.

What kind of info leaks have there even been lately? Things have basically been shut down since Dino left.

Just off the top of my head, everyone knows Devin was caught smoking weed this year when the department tried to keep the first incident quiet per SOP.

Last edited:
Hey Wellman, Wake is an extremely small school, our student athletes actually attend class and gasp talk about things, everyone knows everything. For example if you don't want people to know who smokes weed athletes need to stop coming to off campus houses and smoking weed.

Jeff sounds confident the eye is OK and undamaged. We should look for CJ to play Saturday.

Hey Wellman, Wake is an extremely small school, our student athletes actually attend class and gasp talk about things, everyone knows everything. For example if you don't want people to know who smokes weed athletes need to stop coming to off campus houses and smoking weed.

Yeah this is the main thing. Everybody knows which players smoke because tons of students smoke and tons of players smoke with students. That's gonna be tough to keep in house.

What was the recruiting leak about Georgia Tech? I must have just missed some of this stuff.

I'm sure a relatively high percentage of our football and basketball players smoke weed and have smoked with the general student population. But I'm also confident saying that there have probably been dozens of players caught for a first offense and the vast majority of students and fans are none the wiser.

Last edited:
Jeff sounds confident the eye is OK and undamaged. We should look for CJ to play Saturday.

Well, if Jeff is talking about it, I guess it is ok! ;)

I imagine that CJ will play with some kind of protective goggles. They should want to err on the side of caution. But hey, after all, JGray played with a broken jaw!

I'm sure a relatively high percentage of our football and basketball players smoke weed and have smoked with the general student population. But I'm also confident saying that there have probably been dozens of players caught for a first offense and the vast majority of students and fans are none the wiser.

Oh yeah for sure. I just meant that leaks are going to happen from time to time because of what people actually see and hear.

I'll also say that it seems like they run a pretty tight ship. How long were the allegations post getting Cleveland Steamered kept quiet? That's a huge story and other than a hint from one or two posters that story was wrapped up tight until it went national much later.

I hadn't heard any of that. Devin has already gotten caught smoking weed? Great he hasn't even been here a year. What was the GT recruiting thing?

+1 LOL

What if they told BabyDeac this to see who bought it from the boards and who BabyDeac was as a "leak".

conspiracy-keanu.jpg

Last edited:
I hadn't heard any of that. Devin has already gotten caught smoking weed? Great he hasn't even been here a year. What was the GT recruiting thing?

I believe the GT recruiting thing involved Airyn Willis changing his commitment from GT to Wake right before signing day and it being publicized by a poster on scout which led GT who had no spaces left to offer a three star linebacker who had committed to Wake, who then subsequently switched his commitment to GT.

Back