• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

CJ probable against GT?

From the Twitter machine about the job:

"Bill Oakes holds the position. He oversees all external communications and multimedia. As far as I understand this allows other members of the athletic department to focus more on other areas."

So is CJ gonna look like Rocky on Saturday? I wonder if he developed a shiner. Hopefully he'll be able to see okay.

Bill Oakes isn't doing a very good job. I always assumed that there just wasn't somebody who coordinated messages/oversaw the social media aspect of things. It's discouraging that there is.

No idea what his injury is.

I recently had my kid scratch my cornea. Holy hell that wasn't fun. There is no way I'd be able to play basketball with that. Hope his injury is minor. We need him.

Nobody who knows anything will comment. BTW, are you aware that the AD recently set up a "strategic communication" person with the responsibility to track down info leaks? I guess Nev from Catfish wasnt available.

hahahahahahahhahahahahahahha

Hysterical. That makes me smile so big.

Hey Wellman, Wake is an extremely small school, our student athletes actually attend class and gasp talk about things, everyone knows everything. For example if you don't want people to know who smokes weed athletes need to stop coming to off campus houses and smoking weed.

Next step: Make the Wake bubble.... EVEN BUBBLIER!

Bill Oakes isn't doing a very good job. I always assumed that there just wasn't somebody who coordinated messages/oversaw the social media aspect of things. It's discouraging that there is.

Not many people within the Ath Dept do a good job, so Billy is fitting right in. Good for him.

He graduated recently and has some ties inside the AD (friends with people).

Bill Oakes is Assistant AD, primarily works with tennis teams and as director of the Winston-Salem Open. Good guy in the tennis community who moved with the tournament from Atlanta. Used to host a local tennis television program in Atlanta. Hadn't heard about expanded responsibilities for him, but I don't really have any connections. Good for him if true.

According to CJ's twitter page, he's gonna be sporting the "Hinrich/Stoudemire" look tomorrow. Look out for a Gray-like 30pt effort!

Back