• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Class Ring?

I wore my signet ring for over 10 years. Got a lot of compliments on it. Don't wear it any more.

wake-forest-university-class-signet-ring-10k-yellow-gold-solid-back-ba-15-2a57c7f09478eb73b650c143e6a207d0.jpg

Guys wearing anything other than a wedding band weird me out. I think I associate rings with awful cologne, shitty suits and used car salesmen.

It's been my experience that the only people who wear class rings and don't look like complete tools are graduates of the military academies.

It's been my experience that the only people who wear class rings and don't look like complete tools are graduates of the military academies.

yeah, my dad's got his USNA class ring that he wears (and it nests with his wedding band) and I like it... but I also think there's real pride for getting to sport one of those. I suppose for many people who wear their class rings, they feel that same pride for their education/alma mater.

whatever, in the end it's all YOU DO YOU.

Guys wearing anything other than a wedding band weird me out. I think I associate rings with awful cologne, shitty suits and used car salesmen.

My first week or two at Wake, I wore my HS class ring all the time. It never left my finger. It was huge and it had a football imbedded under the stone, and I used it as an icebreaker to tell people how my HS team made it all the way to the STATE SEMIFINALS my junior year. I felt like a badass, and I'm pretty sure I worked my neck every time I told that story. Then one night the lines were too long to get into the Kappa Sig and KA lounges and I didn't feel like walking all the way to the Deke house, so I was hanging out at Delta Sig with about 4 or 5 other guys shooting pool and drinking beer. When I flashed the ring and told that story, this Senior with long hair replied "Knock it off. I'm serious. And leave that ring at home. I'm surprised nobodys picked on you about it yet. You're in college now. Knock it off.". The guy wasn't being rude but was just honest. I really appreciated his advice and heeded it, and I'm embarrassed that someone had to actually tell me that.

it's not as much toolish as sad imo except MAYBE academy ring but then transitions from sad to toolish

nothing says "rich people problems" quite like being able to spend 60k/year on a college education and then buying a ring to prove it.

I also don't understand dudes with elaborate wedding rings

Looks like I started quite the debate haha

Appreciate all the comments, but I think I will side with the #RingIn folks, although the #RingOut crowd brings up some good points.

542.jpg

Also there was a time when "cock ring?" Would have been an immediate thread

Last edited:
Back