• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Classic Rock Song you NEVER want to hear again

Blinded by the Light is terrible. who the fuck thought it would be a good idea to put fucking Chopsticks in the middle of a song?

About half of them. I've grown to hate a lot of the overplayed classic rock songs.

ACDC did like one good album with Brian Johnson (Back In Black) and had some ok songs after that. Highway To Hell is just as good an album as Back In Black, and the awesome songs prior to that album are every bit as good as the Johnson output. Down Payment Blues might be one of the greatest cock rock songs ever, and like all ACDC songs, it is glorious in its simplicity. Speaking of Brian Johnson, the one that really sucks and deserves mention is...

Thunderstruck

Also...

Free Bird (classic radio overkill)
Stairway To Heaven (classic radio overkill)
Piano Man (karaoke overkill)
Bohemian Rhapsody (karaoke overkill, and no, you can't sing it good either)
Mustang Sally (cover band overkill, plus it's a shitty song)

There are some others I know I'm forgetting. I just can't bring myself to throw in Don't Stop Believin', though it does warrant a lifetime karaoke ban, as do most Journey songs that people can't sing.

Not sure if it's classic rock but I freaking hate "old time rock and roll."

This was the OP on the Ape Room's example of the worst Classic Rock song.

I'm partial to it only because it brings back childhood memories of ALF doing the risky bidness thing and I thought it was the funniest thing I've ever seen in my life.

wtf is the Ape Room

Its Kansas' Scout Board version of the Quad. To be fair, the Quad is our version of the Ape Room. They do good things and post interesting threads over there, check it out, has little to do w/ KU.

ELC, you don't like Thunderstruck?! Wow.

To be honest, so far I could go the rest of my life and miss zero of these songs, except maybe Thunderstruck.

Thunderfuck is the best thing about the song Thunderstruck.

Thunderfuck is the best thing about the song Thunderstruck.

I also attribute my liking of the song to that word AND the scene in Varshitty Blues when Van Der Beek is getting blown up all over the field, its a great memory and the best part of that movie.

ELC, you don't like Thunderstruck?! Wow.

To be honest, so far I could go the rest of my life and miss zero of these songs, except maybe Thunderstruck.

Never did. Always liked Angus's riff, but the song is ruined by the overproduced drums (typical of that era) and the dumb chanting. In fact, that song is the reason why I turned down the opportunity to see them live on that tour. Like 5th row seats too. What a mistake that was.

A couple of the Tweeter dominated parts are better than either one of those scenes.

Not sure if this counts as classic rock, but Van Morrison. Hate that shit

Back