• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Classy

McKie took over and was shameless in doing so. He posted up, demanded the ball, and repeatedly got his shot blocked (many times) and kept going after it and kept "Baby Barkleying" it in the paint - huge energy effort on his part.

Great leadership from the sophomore - especially the confident demanding of the ball. Wish all our post men would do that ALL the time. I mean Desrosiers does it ONCE against Clemson, we feed him, he gets fouled - good outcome for us.

Unsure if that effort is in any way connected to the halftime Clemson reports regarding McKie and Rusty and Buzz etc. That sounded like much ado about nothing other than our zone defense sucking.

Whatever it was - I liked the outcome a lot - very good work by Travis.

Racer -

I don't even know what a point of view drift is. If there's such a distinction between "talent deficient" and "less talented", I would assume you could easily explain it to me.

You might recall when Aunt Bee thought she had the likely prize winning batch of pickles. Andy and Barney tried 'em and they were sour. Bee's friend Clara had the better tasting batch and won the contest.

( there's an analogy in there somewhere :) )

Racer -

You might recall when Aunt Bee thought she had the likely prize winning batch of pickles. Andy and Barney tried 'em and they were sour. Bee's friend Clara had the better tasting batch and won the contest.

( there's an analogy in there somewhere :) )

:cliffs:

:wtf:

Either we had a fluke performance to beat BC by 15 on their home court since they are such a well-coached team or they had a fluke performance to beat FSU. And since we now have three wins over teams similar to BC while they only have one win over an FSU-caliber team, I'm going to say that it was their win over FSU that was the fluke.

Near the end of the game (before Ty's 2 pointer), the announcers pointed out that neither team had any bench scoring. - Does allow a discussion about depth.

Well, I don't think there's much controversy over whether or not we have depth as a practical matter. We surely don't; we don't even have legitimate starters, much less ACC-caliber bench players. I think the "debate" (to the extent that rjkarl vs. OG&B Boards could be constituted as such) was whether our horrific performance this season and dead-last scoring margin was largely if not primarily to said lack of depth.

As I think some of the statistics mentioned on the first page of this thread point out, however, we don't even have a "surface," much less any depth behind it. We're bad top to bottom. Moreover, it's not like other teams have significantly more depth than we do, or if they do, that such depth was the reason we performed so poorly against them. That's what I was trying to indicate by the UVA stats and what OGB pointed out in the State game where the Wolfpack got all of 2 points in 27 minutes from their own bench. And as you say yourself, GT doesn't have any either.

Last edited:
Near the end of the game (before Ty's 2 pointer), the announcers pointed out that neither team had any bench scoring. - Does allow a discussion about depth.

Lack of bench scoring: Desrosiers has 36 career starts as a sophomore. Walker has started 11 of the 17 games he has played in this year. Sucks we only got 2 points total from those two.

October 13, 2011 Winston-Salem Journal

[Redacted] was asked if he believed in the principal of addition by subtraction.

"Pretty much all the time,'' [Redacted] said.

Depth? Who needs depth?

You can't win or keep games close if your talent is deficient. You can dream about it, but it isn't reality.

how does brad stevens do it if "you can't" do it?

me confused

Back