• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Clawson meets team when....3:00 pm or so ?

HONDO2

Reaction score
Would be great if we get some initial feed back on that as well as the presser.

:cool:

He'd be well advised to wear a girdle if he does show.

Hope Deandre Martin will be at that meeting.

Yeah I wonder what happens with that situation? I guess it depends on if Martin's suspension or whatever was totally Grobe or if it was Wellman also.

Tyree Harris ‏@TyreeHarris_12 22m
Finna Go meet my new head coach.

I'm sure Clawson won't kick the best running back we have off the team btw. I doubt he cares about whether he smokes weed or not or whatever Grobe disliked him for. Clawson probably just wants to win

Yeah I wonder what happens with that situation? I guess it depends on if Martin's suspension or whatever was totally Grobe or if it was Wellman also.

I think it was a Deandre vs. Grobe issue. This makes me think that unless deandre transfers, he will be back on the team because that issue has nothing to do with Clawson. I hope He sees it that way.

I think it was a Deandre vs. Grobe issue. This makes me think that unless deandre transfers, he will be back on the team because that issue has nothing to do with Clawson. I hope He sees it that way.

I admittedly know nothing about the inner workings of the team, but one complaint I always had with the last staff was the way it managed running backs. Everythign from what deserved teh starting job, to how the rotation went in game (or even that it seems to be a rotation and not a response to what we were trying to do). I can't remember when we had a clear-cut starter who shouldered the bulk of the load and got into a rhythm. I think from tweets from Harris and discussions around Pendergrass and Martin - the RBs got a little frustrated too. Like I said, this is purely speculative and I could be way off base.

I admittedly know nothing about the inner workings of the team, but one complaint I always had with the last staff was the way it managed running backs. Everythign from what deserved teh starting job, to how the rotation went in game (or even that it seems to be a rotation and not a response to what we were trying to do). I can't remember when we had a clear-cut starter who shouldered the bulk of the load and got into a rhythm. I think from tweets from Harris and discussions around Pendergrass and Martin - the RBs got a little frustrated too. Like I said, this is purely speculative and I could be way off base.

Agree. It was easy to see this. Grobe always said he was looking for the next Barclay (in the sense of carrying the load) but never gave anyone the chance to carry the load, Save Josh Adams frosh year.

From the article....

“He wants to win, like we do,” Floyd said speaking of Clawson.

---------------------

Is it just me, or is the unsaid sentence 'Grobe didn't have the fire to win like we wanted'...or something to that effect. I may be reading too much into that quote. It just seems that if you are frustrated with the passivity of a coaching staff, then the one thing you are going to be looking for in a HC is someone who comes and says he is going to lay it on the line to win.

I think the players liked Grobe but I think they got the feel that the coaches didn't want to win as much as the players. I got that impression from Floyd's quote as well.

Back