• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Clawson meets team when....3:00 pm or so ?

From the article....

“He wants to win, like we do,” Floyd said speaking of Clawson.

---------------------

Is it just me, or is the unsaid sentence 'Grobe didn't have the fire to win like we wanted'...or something to that effect. I may be reading too much into that quote. It just seems that if you are frustrated with the passivity of a coaching staff, then the one thing you are going to be looking for in a HC is someone who comes and says he is going to lay it on the line to win.
I came away with the same sentiment.

Agree. It was easy to see this. Grobe always said he was looking for the next Barclay (in the sense of carrying the load) but never gave anyone the chance to carry the load, Save Josh Adams frosh year.

Heck, I think there was even a period where he had Barclay as part of a 3 or 4 back rotation, where each back would play for a full series, no matter if it went for 3 plays or 23 plays.

From the article....

“He wants to win, like we do,” Floyd said speaking of Clawson.

---------------------

Is it just me, or is the unsaid sentence 'Grobe didn't have the fire to win like we wanted'...or something to that effect. I may be reading too much into that quote. It just seems that if you are frustrated with the passivity of a coaching staff, then the one thing you are going to be looking for in a HC is someone who comes and says he is going to lay it on the line to win.

I mean, Gelo Orange transferred out and then told a newspaper that our coaches were content to lose, collect their paychecks, and go home. Pretty damning stuff, and if one player thought that, it's likely several did.

I mean, Gelo Orange transferred out and then told a newspaper that our coaches were content to lose, collect their paychecks, and go home. Pretty damning stuff, and if one player thought that, it's likely several did.

I thought that was GodsPower Offor. Gelo graduated from wake.

i think that was godspower, my boy GELO got his DEGREE.

i have a funny gelo story

Some of the player's feelings on Lobo were hilarious.

"Doesn't have a fucking clue what he's doing" was a solid one from a recently graduated player.

Didnt Curry tweet something similar?

Curry criticized recruiting.

I think the players liked Grobe but I think they got the feel that the coaches didn't want to win as much as the players. I got that impression from Floyd's quote as well.

To say the least. Yet, half of the fanbase made excuses that it's just impossible to win here with the players Grobe recruited off of the best run in school history rather than just admit that our staff really transformed into the "doesn't matter, got paid"-variety.

I'm so glad we have Clawson.

"Doesn't have a fucking clue what he's doing" was a solid one from a recently graduated player.

Grobe standing behind Lobo for so long, screwing over a ton of players in the process, easily undoes the goodwill that Grobe built up in his Orange Bowl run and halcyon days after.

Are there any recent graduates who thought Lobo did a good job? Doesn't matter what they said to the press, I mean behind closed doors.

Yes, please expand on this.

Grobe standing behind Lobo for so long, screwing over a ton of players in the process, easily undoes the goodwill that Grobe built up in his Orange Bowl run and halcyon days after.

That's my feeling. Grobe built the program so well during the first half of his tenure, and managed to undo it during the second half through misguided loyalty. The last three years were abysmal in terms of production relative to recruiting rankings.

Back